Monday Mom Musings: New Kid Shoes, Mom Run, y Mas!

 I promise to write my sprint tri race report, but Sunday trumped the report as it was just one of those days. A day that unfolded like peels of an onion...getting better and better as it went along. It was one of those days where I really didn't expect much and came away with a few life milestones gained.

First, my lil A really needed a new pair of shoes.  So the DH figured we swing by a specialty running store to find a pair. Uhhh...wuh?...I was a bit hesitant with that decision...but whatever, I went with it. And I'm sooo glad I did, because when she slipped on the running shoes she beamed. I'm not kidding. It was a type of smile I rarely see. And then....(this is where it gets good)...she looked up at me and said 'Mommy, let's run together!'. And then I got it. She now had running shoes just like her mommy and daddy. And these shoes gave her the nod that she too is a RUNNER. Honestly made my year;-) It was our own version of Cinderella and the glass slipper, but WAY better! Never realized she wanted shoes just like her mama...



2. Then we hopped over to the Athleta retail store. I do a lil' work for Athleta, and had wanted to check it out. Didn't take pics (duh!), but fun to finally see the store. And I discovered they were hosting  3mile run with the authors of 'Run Like a Mother' book this Friday at 9:30. It was cool to see Athleta paired up w/a book and blog that I've read soo much about in Bloggyville. And it was cute to have my kids zooming around the store in their new 'running' shoes;)


3. Then, we headed out to SF to attempt to see the Blue Angels. We didn't know if we'd land a spot to see em'. Let's just say it's crazy jammed pack all around the Bay so figured we'd just drive over the bridge and back.  Well, long story short: we actually landed the perrrfect parking spot ~30yds from the beginning of the Golden Gate Bridge, walked onto the bridge and watched the show. It was crazy to have F18's (I only know the type of plane b/c of the DH), zooming over your head on the bridge. Again, an experience for me and the kids that we won't soon forget.


So can ya see why I HAD to share my Sunday vs. getting to my race report?! It was just one of those days, where I didn't expect much and it evolved into this. Thanks for listening, and getting it;-). Now, I'm off to race the kids to the car for school in their running shoes!

Comments

Meredith said…
sounds like a fabulous day and I LOVE your daughter's cinderella story! That is the best!
Rae said…
Your daughter looks so excited!
Anonymous said…
That totally trumps a race report!
Jason said…
Great Sunday and a much better way to spend it then in front of a computer writing a race report. You'll get to it.

I noticed that Healdsburg is on your race schedule.

My wife and I ran it last year. It was her first 1/2 marathon and I can't say it enough.....GORGEOUS VENUE. Perfect time of the year for perfect weather and great sights. Colors all around. Wine on the run. Great event. Get past the frigid weather before sunrise and then everything is perfect. I can't wait to see pictures and read a race report of that one. Have fun with it.
Quinton J said…
So awesome. Her smile in that photo is the best. Small price to pay for such a cute running partner.
Addie would also love a pair for "real"running shoes. She loves to pretend she is mommy....telling me she will be back soon because she is "going for a run." xoxo
Unknown said…
Thanks for Checking out my blog!! That pic with nascar was taken at the Watkins Glenn Race track where I did a Duathlon and got to race on the track. How cool is that?!! Nice Blog BTW!
LMC said…
You are an awesome role model. I'm not surprised that your girl wants to be like her mommy! I agree that this post could not wait. Hope your week goes is just as good as Sunday!
Congrats on the moments with your daughter and.. way to go to DH for the idea! :-)

It's absolutely the best thing seeing kids connect to an activity.

Being the sap I am, I nearly cried a good 8 or so times during our MS track meet today. The girls put their heart and sole into it... lost, but still did well.


The other MS made me cry, too, as they are the nicest group of kids. Competitive buggers. They knew all of the school records, and were looking to break them! Amazing! :-)

Enjoy your runs with Little A, and I hope you see that smile soon! :-)
Beth said…
All good reasons to delay the report. Love the little running shoes!
Unknown said…
Gosh, I'm SO THRILLED to see your daughter wearing running shoes! Sometimes my little kiddos at school wear little Target flats or Crocs all day and it's so hard on their little feet! Plus, it's just fun to see your daughter smiling!
Anonymous said…
A very good reminder that anything can happen when you just let things happen....some of the best experiences come out of just letting life flow on its own....I know I never could have planned such a day like that!!
Aimee said…
What a great day! I love how your daughter wants to run with you now! That is just awesome! Yay!
Unknown said…
that jam packed day! Your daughter looks ADORABLE!! Future runner on your hands.
Quinton J said…
Thank you. And...Ummm…yeah…this is embarrassing…I need help with “DH”?
Anne said…
Great post! Thanks for making me smile :) Love the pic of your daughter's smile!
Anne-Marie said…
LOVE the new shoe story -- your daughter looks beyond thrilled! Hope you two got a mother-daughter run in together :)

Popular Posts