GFTW 44: Four, Forty Four, and More!

I represented 4 at my race, it's week 44, there's currently 2-4-6 Brady Bunch faces, and  JenniferLeah pointed out my GFTW is a FOUR letter acronym. Well alrighty row! It looks as though I have a new favorite number in my life. And speaking of life and all that comes with it, I have my sights set on these last 2 months of the year and all the hassles joys that come with it;-) So here's what I've got whipped up this week for my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: With my last race of the year done, create a base training plan for Nov/December. I plan to focus on strength training (yes!) and more biomechanics of my running/biking (vs power/strength) and swimming with a Master's group.

Mom: Create an altar for Dia de los Muertos. I created one last year with my kids and I really enjoyed the experience. 


Community: Try to get 2 more donations for my Girls on the Run auction, and start talkin' up our Annual Family Fun Turkey Trot via email, facebook, and connecting with the co-host!


Health: Call our health insurance and ask them what plans would best our family/situation. do this Monday. Call Kaiser and ask what's best/most popular health plan for our family by Wednesday.


Personal Growth: Read the Voter's Pamphlet to get an idea of what to vote for Tuesday's elections.


That's it for me over here. As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee. Now, I'd love to hear what you've got tee'd up for the week in your neck of the woods. Talk to me, talk to me! ;-)
Oh...and Happy Halloween!!

Comments

Raquelita said…
I love that you're going to make an altar with your kids! Happy Halloween!
Overall theme- Simple and Forward

Athlete 1- Work through the injury and be grateful for the opportunities at hand (e.g. gym, core, strength, etc.)

Athlete 2- Do 2nd test run and then decide game plan (maybe Thurs or Fri.. today's was met with some minor pain on both hip-hip-horay healing knees and legs!)

Teacher 1- Enjoy the 3 day week (does Monday really count when Tues is off?? :-)

Teacher 2- Simplify and push ahead.... balance basics and complex concepts..

YrBk Adviser 1- Work with PE to get stuff done... Continue to proactively create sales..

YB A 2- Pretty PR lady when dealing with colleagues (e.g. no growling... :-)

Writer- 3 pieces... simple, sweet, enjoy! :-)

Food- Make the granola bars!! Make granola (given time/desire)!

Health- Water..focus..fun... be grateful for all of it! :-)

Fam Mem- Learn what they want for Christmas....

Volunteer- Possibly create supports for cancer patient group (not sure if needed..)

Personal Growth- Visualization and Saturday fun afternoon :-)

PG 2- Get out on the trails.... even just walking.... soak in fall's beauty....

Happy Journeys to all! :-)
misszippy said…
Love the altar idea--how creative! And I'm with you on getting educated before voting on Tues. I need to get on it!
Unknown said…
did you notice that the dia de los muertos post was also 'week 44'?
Christina said…
Good goals as usual.
My goal this week is to limit myself to 1 ice cream treat. Seriously.
I will go broke eating ice cream. And I will be a chunky broke.
Clair said…
Making a Dia de Los Muertos altar is such a great tradition.

My big goal this week is to clean up my living space. My coffee table has become a desk, and I don't like all the piles.
I too have a goal to read the voter's pamphlet so I can get an idea of what to vote! So important to exercise our right to vote...I'm so embarrassed with how out of the loop I am when it comes to being informed.

runner goal: run 1-2 miles a day until I can work up to 3 without pain. Just thankful to be running again.

mommy goal: to be present with my kids this week and turn the computer off! Blog land has sucked me in too much!

Blog goal: set a certain time be on this thing and don't let it interfere with my time with my kiddos. keep learning how this all works...followers (not so sure I like that term), how to get followers so I'm not just blogging for the air, giveaways, blog design...lots to learn!

Happy Halloween!
Alison said…
Happy halloween!

I don't know what this falls under: I think a mixture of work and personal growth.. My GFTW is to meet a tough deadline, but without letting everything else go to hell around me. So still fit in exercise, eat well, and see the odd friend or two!

Have a good week :-)
Unknown said…
Love the altar idea! Great goals as always - have a great week! p.s. My GFTW is to train and blog more!
Christi said…
Great goals and I hope you have a great week!
Anne-Marie said…
My goal is to get to bed earlier! I've been finding random reasons to stay up later than usual, but I've still been getting up at my normal early times. I'm feeling pretty tired today, and it's only Monday!
Silvergirl said…
Congrats on your PR!! I also want to thank you for your "mental game" posting a few days ago- I tried it for my marathon this weekend and it totally worked!!! It helped me to a PR!!! Also want to thank your followers- as I borrowed some of their mantras during the race on Sunday. Right around mile 24, I found myself repeating " I am tough, I am strong" and several other phrases i had read in your comment section!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
You are so good with planning your training and getting all of your ducks lined up in a row. One of the reasons that you are so successful is because you are so dedicated to your plans. I need to be more like you. I don't know how to train other than get out on runs.

I would love to live in wine country because I know I would train more in the winter. Sadly, I am not a mill girl and prefer to run outside. During the winter I am only able to run three days outside. You are so lucky....I wish my hubby and I could find jobs in your area:) I would pack as fast as I could! It would be heaven!

I also need to look over our open enrollement for our family health coverage! Fun times:) Have a great week!

Popular Posts