GFTW 42: It's Beginin' To Look a Lot Like Au-tumn...

 
Hi all! Had to use my GFTW post for a pumpkin patch photo opp. It was just such a pretty day, and despite my kids sportin' their summer beach wear, it really felt like an honest to goodness fall afternoon. I've taken my kids to this same pumpkin year after year since they were 10 mo's, and it's a trip to see how they've grown through the years. I know all you parents are baggin' what I'm rakin';)

So bienvenido Sr. Fall! I always love to sport your pumpkins on my porch, eat your squash for dinner, and pour your pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee. hmmmm....And now..here's my Goals for the Week:

Health:  Drink more water. I know sounds simple, but need to...  

Mom: Put together a binder w/slip covers for my lil' A's art, who is a prolific coloring machine. Have her choose ~5 pieces of her art to put in the binder, and have her choose ~1 piece of her art every few weeks to add to the binder. Then I don't feel guilty tossing out her other 1,000 pieces of art....ya know what I'm talking about right?

Community: Ask for 2 or more donations for the upcoming Girls on the Run Auction over here. Also, create and confirm our annual family fun turkey trot 5k route.

Athlete: Get my 15 minutes core work in post run. I feel on board with my training, and need to keep this in the mix right now.

Home: Operation Clean out the Shed (aka our own garage) this weekend. just confirmed w/the dh...and it needs to be cleared out already. This will be our upcoming weekend project.

Personal Growth: Each day make a request I think will be rejected, and see what happens.   

As always I write these down on a book mark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my pumpkin spiced infused coffee (it's the background pic in my blog header). That's what's going on for me over here. Now, I'd LOVE to hear what you've got on your radar in your neck of the woods this week. Talk to me, talk to me! Oh...and GO GIANTS!

Comments

justme said…
love the art binder goal.....may have to borrow that one
Christi said…
Great goals for the week! I wish I would have thought of the Art binder for my son when he was young. Whoops!

Have an awesome week!
Steel Springs said…
Great pic from the pumpkin patch. It sounds like fun! I love the art binder idea.
LMC said…
Love the pumpkin patch pic! You guys look like you're having a blast.

I'm with you on the Health goal. I need to drink more water. This week, I've decided to make it a goal to listen. It sounds simple, but i find it challenging to focus and really listen.

Have a great week!
Good idea about the binder. My son loves to draw and he brings home about 10 drawings/day...and we keep everything...yes, we need a binder, too!
Have a great week. Love the pic with the kiddos!
Personal Growth- Daily visualization and meditation

Yoga- 4-ish times this week

Teacher- Structure then fun! Maybe finally create the goals we were supposed 3 weeks ago, too! ;-)

Yrbk Adviser- Implement all marketing and sales plans THIS week! Empower the kiddos while feeding them! :-)

Athlete- Get those runs in, and sneak in a swim- ojala!

Aunt/Sis/Daughter/Granddaughter/Niece- Get Halloween and Fall cards mailed out.

Health- Water, Water, Water; 2 new recipes; and make homemade granola bars! :-)

Writer- churn out the stories... then edit away and enjoy!

Personal Growth 2- Tackle 3 things I'm afraid of...

Home- Toss/Donate/Recycle at least 5 things no longer needed.

Best of Luck to all. Happy Journeys :-)
misszippy said…
Great idea on the art binder!

My goals--get through the last week of marathon training before the taper! Surprise my brother in NYC this week for his birthday!
Alison said…
I like your personal growth goal. I might try that myself..

My main goals this week, other than that: athlete, do my physio exercises three times a day, not a slacker's two like today; and work, get my thesis chapter finished and sent off to be read. Eep.

Love the pumpkin pic btw!
Unknown said…
I'm joining you on the health and athlete goals! Love the picture at the top - so cute!
Anonymous said…
Kids' art is so hard to deal with. I try to save the "special" pieces and sneak the rest into the garbage without much guilt. Good luck!
Christina said…
I'm with you on drinking more water. I just don't do enough of it. Maybe that's why I have been having a headache since yesterday. :(

I'm going to stretch every day before I go to bed. Nothing fancy. Just sit on the floor and reach out to my toes at the very least. I'm stiff.

And I need to eat better. Nothing tastes good for the past 2 weeks.
I always love pumpkin patch pictures! I needed to drink more water today, I kept forgetting and now I have a headache, not good!
RunningWhit said…
I'm with you on the water...now that the weather is a little bit cooler I'm struggling to drink as much water as I should be. Happy Fall to you!
Teamarcia said…
3 cuties and a mongo pumpkin--what could be better?
AM! said…
Hi! LMC- great idea for listening as a goal..thx!

and shoes to success- always love seeing all that you do... teaching full time and balancing it all is TUFF!
Aimee said…
That picture is too cute! I can't wait to take our boys to the pumpkin patch this year! :)

I love your binder art idea. I think I'll do that for my boys too!
Anne-Marie said…
Love the pumpkin patch picture! I bet the kids had a blast.

I think my health & athlete goals are the same as yours. I did my first core workout this morning after swimming since... March? I am anticipating some sore muscles tomorrow! I need to clean out some drawers and organize my winter clothes... it's definitely getting to be sweater weather in PA!
Unknown said…
Wish I could have joined you at the Pumpkin patch. There is not a legitimate one anywhere near us...in other words we would have to drive for an hour to get to one!

I am super pumped for the family Turkey Trot. Also pretty stoked I get to bring my FIANCE!!! Last year he was in Afghanistan...seems like another lifetime ago.
Quinton J said…
nice use of DH.
I'm fixin' on cleaning out the garage too. And finding some pumpkin flavoured stuff to put in other stuff before I eat or drink it.

Popular Posts