GFTW 41: 10/10/10!

 Now that's a way to kick off a week eh? With the auspicious date of 10/10/10. So I'll get to my week in a minute, but before I do, I wanted to acknowledge all the comments/and emails I've received over the past few months about my own GFTW and format. Many of you have asked if it's 'ok' to copy the idea, or do the same sort of thing either on your blog and life. Well, my long and short answer is OF COURSE! That's one of the major reasons I'm posting my goals in the first place. To share an idea that has generally worked for me, get more peeps on board the GFTW Express and thinking about em', and give/get new ideas, support and motivation. So that's that.

And now this week has me focusing on my Half Marathon in 3 weeks now that I have the Tri Girl Tri Sprint Triathlon checked off my list (race recap coming prob mon/tues..but I won't leave ya in super suspense...I was happy my time. Here's a lil' post race pic of us three:) So...with out further adieu...here are my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: Hit my 3 key runs, and my 2 or 3 days xtraining. These next 2 weeks are KEY in getting my runs done.

Community: Come up with a game plan with my friend for our Annual 5k Turkey Trot. We hope to make it bigger than last year and raise money for Meals on Wheels. 


House: Wash couch cushions, and clip my dogs nails. I know funny..but I'm hosting a parent coffee talk 2 mornings this week, and need to clean up the place!

Mom:  I'm hosting the kid's school coffee talks, so I wanna get to know and connect with more moms this week. Also, set up a playdate for my lil' gal.

Wife: Dinner together at the table with a candle one night this week. 


Personal Growth: Recycling. Follow the YES/NO guidelines on what's really ok and not ok to recycle. I've been ok with it, and we do recycle, but I'm sloppy at times w/putting things that shouldn't be in there, like plastic caps from bottles, etc. So I had my son cut out the recent recycle mailing, and will make the effort to memorize what's ok and not.  


As always I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee. So that's what's happening with me over here. Now, I'd love to know what you've got lined up for the week. Talk to me!

Comments

Christi said…
Great goals! And as I have said before I love the format and am trying to mimic it in my life. So you are making a difference!
Caratunk Girl said…
Awesome goals!! I love that you do that...I have to see this bookmark though, it must be LOADED! :)

Looking forward to the race recap!!
Jason said…
Love that you live by your goals. Great way to go through life b/c they are not just athletic goals but goals for your life outside of ahtletics. Great job and idea.

My goals are to recover right now from the race today, but after that back in the gym to train.

BUT my biggest goal is to get at least 15 resumes out this week in preparation of landing that perfect job for me.

Thanks for posting.
Jill said…
Cute picture - tons of smiles :). Have a great week, girl...looking forward to the race recap!
misszippy said…
So glad you had a good race...looking forward to the details!

What a great goal w/ the recycling--I could stand to do the same.
Alison said…
Haha, I love the recycling one. It sounds so random, but I bet it's something we could all do with paying a bit more attention to!

For me, my main goal this week is a friend: keep all my dates with people, and book flights over to the US for Thanksgiving with my girlies :-)
Overall GFTW- Remember my priorities!

Self- visualize key points/goals daily

Teacher- continue to balance structure and creativity--- maybe more structure this week :-)

Teacher 2- remember to HYDRATE.. :-)

Athlete- Trails 3-4 times, yoga 4-7 times, swim- Ojala

Aunt- give the nephew a call and/or send him a card :-)

Food- try one new recipe... option of carrying this over to next week

Best of Luck to all with their goals. :-)
Christina said…
Couch cushions. I always wondered why my mom was so nit-picky when I was growing up. Now that I am an adult. I do it too! :)

I set a long term goal today. I believed I haven't set a long term goal in a long while.
LT Goal: Run a full marathon before 2012 is over.

Thanks for showing us that we can all achieve our goals, one little step at a time.
Ewa said…
As usual, I love your lists.
Now my goal would be to make a list and not lose it, and stick to it and...
Have a great week.
I love your "wife" goal. Something so simple but can mean so much.
Aimee said…
Love your goals!
What are school coffee talks? Sounds interesting!

Ugh...cleaning couch cushions is just a pain!
Unknown said…
Please send the recycling list to my husband - I separate things and he messes it up.

And I missed finding you at Tri-Girl - next time I guess I should make an effort to make a plan vs just hoping to randomly run into you and actually recognize you given we have never met IRL.

Popular Posts