Four Friday Footnotes: Food, Foot, and Freakin' Fast Related!


1. This is my go-to delish lunch delight. It's Bolani, a traditional Afghani flatbread stuffed and baked with either spinach, pumpkin, red potato, or green lentil filling. It's freakin' awesome and a serving (1/2 a flatbread) is only ~100 calories, low fat, and high in protein and other good stuff. I cook it in a pan along w/a few slices of turkey and some chopped bell pepper. Then dip in mustard and I'm good to go. I believe it's only available in Northern California at the moment, but won't be surprised when it becomes mainstream soon!

2. Thanks for all your achilles input/advice. Knew I could get good stuff from all you! And I'm icing it while typing this post;-) And can ya believe it...did my ~8 mile run yesterday, and did not feel it AT ALL during my main run. Huh? go figure...

3. I wanna do Two Blog Shout Outs: First is Leah and Chasing Atalanta. I kept thinking it was a typo for Atlanta (yeah... admitting my ignorance), and she told me about the Greek Godess Atalanta. ahhh...makes total sense now. She's one smokin' fast lady and just did the Detroit Marathon, oh, and her stats?: Finish time: 2:58:08 Average pace: 6:47 2nd place female (out of 1178)
I know. kill me now.

4. Second shout out is to the Quinton J at Q on the Move! He is one HAWT dad dude with an adorable looking wife and 3 kids. Oh, and he's fast. like legit fast. I love his style...just go read one post, you'll see...

That's it for me over here! Also, if you're a reader of this blog, and I haven't been privy to yours yet, let me know please! Happy Friday Everyone! I have my first training mtg with my Mommy 5wk to 5k group this morning. Wish me luck;-)

Comments

Heather said…
The Bolani sounds really good! Sounds like something I'd want to eat all the time too.
Good luck with your trainig meeting. Have a great weekend!
Bolani sounds amazing! Glad the Achilles feels better!
Quinton J said…
WOW...thanks for the love!
Jill said…
Happy Weekend, give those twinsies a big hug!! :)
Emz said…
Yay for the Q call out. He's pretty ok with me too.
Food looks yuuuuuum!!
Bolani sounds delicious! I'm a big fan of naan and injera so I'm sure I would love it.

Glad your Achilles is feeling better. Hope it behaves itself!
Leah F said…
Thanks so much for the shout out! Glad to hear your achilles is on the mend.
misszippy said…
Glad the heel is feeling good again. I am feeling like a big ole slug after reading about Miss Detroit!
Anne said…
Great shout outs! :) Yay for a painless run...and have fun with your run group, coach!
glad your achilles is starting to shape up! :D LOVE the shoutouts! :) Both of them are super duper cool and super duper fast!
Kelly said…
I have never heard of bolani, but it sounds healthful and easy. I am trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle, so am glad I found your blog. Thanks for sharing.
Kelly
www.freedietingreview.com
My mom is always looking for fast yummy lunches during the day!! Thanks for sharing.
Unknown said…
That bolani sounds really good. I've never seen one before, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one!
Unknown said…
that bolani sounds like something I would love! I need to come up with a gf version.
Heading over to check out some new blogs, thanks for the links!
Cheers,
Angie
Anonymous said…
Mmmmmmm, that bolani sounds perfect... although I'm not willing to move to Northern Cali for it. Thanks a lot for the temptation.

As for your last question... been following you for awhile and I can't recall, but I don't think I've seen ya on my blog... anyhow, it's http://racingitoff.blogspot.com
Bolani sounds interesting. Hopefully it will be available in more places soon!
How did the 5K group training go?
Ewa said…
What's with that blogger? I haven't been seeing your posts while all the time you actually were posting. Grrrr!

Bolani sounds great. I am trying to keep very low carb but I am tempted to try and I am sure that my not so low carb family will love it. Lucky me living in NoCa.

Achilles monster kept me from any decent running for months. Glad to hear yours is behaving better.

Popular Posts