Few Friday Footnotes: Fast Racing, Food & Fun!

1. I have an All Women's Sprint Triathlon tomorrow AM, and I've enlisted two gals to race it with me. Woo-hoo! I haven't done a sprint for over a year, and while I haven't trained for this or triathlons since July, I'm hoping my base training from Vineman will help me out a bit. Oh, and if you live in the Bay Area, I just saw they still have race registration tomorrow morning before the race. Come on out to Tri Girl Tri in Napa and join the tri fun!

And if ya wanna track me during the race online, here's the link....NOT

Not that type of race I'm afraid. BUT, there's another lil' triathlon race goin' on tomorrow where you CAN track some athletes. Don't know if ya've heard of KONA Ironman World Championships? It's a wee bit bigger than my race, and just a wee bit longer. But outside of that, it's virtually the same race. HA!~ 

2. But really, if you're looking to track some peeps at the KONA World Championships, track my friend MAGGS Morris (aka SunSafetyBarbie) and her friend/training partner Laura (aka Frayed Laces).  I can't find an actual link to start tracking but go to their website,and start time is 7am Hawaii time.

3. Also, a few of you asked for the recipe for the Shrimp Verde Enchilada Casserole, so wanted to share. It's from Nutrition Gal;-)


Total Servings:            10
Serving Size:            1/10 of Pan


1 lb Jumbo shrimp- Cooked
1 C corn
2 small cans Diced Mild Green Chiles
2/3 C Sweet Onion, chopped
1 t Minced Garlic
2 C Canned Green Enchilada sauce (or red if preferred)
12 La Tortilla Factory HAND MADE Corn Tortillas
1 Can Rosarita Zesty Salsa Refried Beans
1 C Cabot 75% light Cheddar, shredded and divided
½ C Cilantro, chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges


1.     Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2.     Combine shrimp, corn, chiles, onion, garlic, and 1 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3.     Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of 6 tortillas.
4.     Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas (not too thick). Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by ½ C cheese, then the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
5.     Bake the enchiladas for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle evenly w/ remaining ½ C cheese and cilantro, and continue baking at 450° uncovered for 10 minutes. 
6.     Let stand for 5 minutes then cut into 10-12 equal servings prior to serving.  Serve with lime wedges.
 
That's what's cookin' over here! This is a pretty fun, exciting weekend, with Fall, pumpkins, racing, KONA, and the Blue Angels are here in the Bay Area, etc. Would love to know if you're racing on the auspicious 10/10/10, or have a friend we can also track at KONA. Let us know!

Comments

Leah F said…
Good luck! Have you done an all-female event before? I recently wrote an article about women-only races and I still find myself wanting to ask people about their experiences. If you're interested here's a link to it online:

http://www.outdoorathlete.com/oa/article.htm?news=394
teacherwoman said…
I think you will do awesome with the Sprint this weekend! Good luck and have fun!
Pahla said…
Good luck tomorrow!!
Aimee said…
Good luck tomorrow! Have fun!
Maggs said…
Good luck!!!!

Here's the link you can track Kona:

http://ironman.com/events/ironman/worldchampionship/?show=tracker&rid=261&year=2010#axzz11BR0Gyd5
Jill said…
Good luck in your tri tomorrow - yay!!!

Kona is going to be so great to watch. Remember, never say never ;).
Anne-Marie said…
Good luck and HAVE FUN in your tri! Hope your friends enjoy it too!

I will be racing on 10/10/10... the Chicago Marathon! Super psyched :)
AM! said…
ooh! maggs! thx for the link. sending you super speedy vibes manana!

same to you Anne-Marie!
Alison said…
good luck with your sprint! I'm looking forward to battling with IM live tomorrow :D
Christi said…
I hope you had a great race today!
Beth said…
I hope you had a blast at your race today. Can't wait to read all about it!
Julie said…
Hey girl! I hope everything went well:) I am looking forward to a great race report!
Caratunk Girl said…
Hope the race went well!! I am sure it did. That cassarole sounds awesome!
Regina said…
I'm afraid I am late to the party! I hope you had a good race, can't wait to read the deets.

Kona was awesome to watch!
Sherry said…
Hope that you had a terrific race! Can't wait for the RR!

Popular Posts