GFTW 38: This Weeks Gonna Be Great!


Yesterday, we decided to bolt to the beach after the kid's soccer game for the night. I didn't know how the weather would be as it was forecasted to be foggy/cold...NOT the funnest. But we arrived and it was amazingly beautiful. Warm, no wind, and sunny. So sunny the kids raced into their suits to take in the waves before sunset. It was perfect. A perfect way to sunset into the weekend after a bit of a discombobulated week.

And this week again has me left with less 'free' time. But the stuff that's happening is all pretty dang fun and I need to remember that: more work than usual, two school family social functions, a fun gal's night out, and gearing up for a great local 5k race this weekend. And when I list all the stuff, I realize I'm satisfying many areas of my life.

But to make it all work, I'm honing in on three areas of my life for my GFTW. I figure if I can make these three goals, the rest of the stuff will come into play. 

My Goals for the Week:

Community: Rally fellow moms, friends, and families to take part in the local 5k that's happening right down our street this next Sunday! 


Health: Early to Bed, Early to Rise. Be in bed by 9:30pm every night (except Fri), and rise early ~6am or earlier. I haven't done both in MONTHS! Think I can do it? I think I can, I think I can...


Personal Growth: Visualize my day for ~2 min before I get out of bed each morning. Think from the end of the day and work backwards. What does each evening, afternoon, and morning look like. How do I want to feel? How do I want to be?

As always I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read it each morning as I chug my coffee. That's it for me...now I'd LOVE to hear...what do you have on your radar for the week? Talk to me, talk to me!

P.S (I'm hosting a FABU giveaway tomorrow...and it involves cool running shoes and shorts...from a company that starts with the letter B. Now that's da B-omb!)



Comments

Jennifer said…
Great goals and the beach trip sounded just perfect! Have a great week!
run4may said…
I hope to study for my license exam at least an hour a day. Continue with the job hunt.

Kids seem to have really enjoyed the beach.
Anonymous said…
The getting to bed is the hard part for me. I can get up early and get a run in, but I really should be in bed earlier and getting adequate sleep. When the kids go to bed at 8, though, I just enjoy those night hours of silence sooooo much, that the time ticks away.
Clair said…
That's going to be a great 5K! Shoot, I wish I weren't sidelined right now, or I'd definitely be in Sonoma next Sunday.
Christi said…
I am really jealous about your beach weekend! That is really nice that you can jump to the beach!

My goals for the week are still in development but I think it will come.
Two words: simplify and balance. After 2 work-first weeks, I eliminated 2 "long nights" from this week, and will find the balance between school and home-- enjoying home and focusing on what I really want in life.

Congrats on your beach time! :-)
*~*~* Tracy said…
aaah, to be able to just go to the beach. If we ever move, it will need to be closer to the beach.

I'm glad your week ended well!
Caratunk Girl said…
Sounds like a great 5k - so cool to have something so close! Good luck with the rally!
I love the idea of envisioning the end of the day and working backward. I'm going to try that too!
Alison said…
That picture of you guys is gorgeous. It makes me want to be in the sea right now!

Am going to join you on the early to bed early to rise thing. It's been creeping back and back for me, and getting up late always makes me feel like I'm on the back foot before I've even started the day. Not good!

Hope the community rallies for the race!
heather said…
What an awesome day in the waves! Glad you had such a great ending to a tough week.

This week will be better! I'm so with you on the early bedtime.
adena said…
Love the weekly goals! I need to get to bed early and get up earlier, I'd like to shift some training to mornings to make life easier in general. I should write that down! Have a GREAT week, I know you are going to have a blast.
Raquelita said…
I especially love your visualization goal. I think I might have to copy that!
Jill said…
The beach....oh how I love thee! Glad you got away for a little fam R&R :).

I'm on the early to bed plan this week, too...I have to get up at 5:40 everyday and it's not cutting it to get to bed at midnight. So last night I go to bed at 10:20 and this morning I'm awake at 4:30. Grrr.

Have a great week!
Anne-Marie said…
Love the pic of you and the little ones at the beach! Wish I had a beach closer to me...

I think I need to copy your "Personal Growth" goal and try visualizing my day when I first wake up. I feel like I've been inefficient with my time lately and need to work on that!

Popular Posts