Few Friday Fun Notes: a 5k y Mas!

This Friday I'm sitting MUCH prettier than last, and it's a relief I tell ya. But I guess that's how life rolls right? Maybe it's due to the full moon, or Fall Equinox, but I feel like I've purged my system of funk, and am content with it all for now.

And my immediate now includes a LOCAL 5k race this Sunday. Seriously, it's half a mile from my house, and is a GEM of a local race! Also, truth be told...it was my very first 5k race I ran one year ago (I had mainly done 10k's, tri's and half marathons), and I got my very first ever, First female overall. SWEET! So what if there were only ~150 racers total, and the 2nd female overall was eleven. I'm still takin' it! 

And in fact, the winning prizes for the race  included 2 tickets to a fancy wine party that I'm attending TONIGHT, 2 bottles of sweet vino (can you tell I live in wine country??), and ~10 tickets to Train Town. It was the best race prize package I've ever seen. And it happened do the street!

Here's my post win shot from  year ago:


And I'm curious to see how I fare this year. I know I'm not as fast (or svelte!) as I was back in March, or even a year ago for that matter, and I'm NOT pretty much okay with that, I want to race and use the number for my training.

And y mas? Well...ya know I have a cool Brooks Running Shoe/Short Giveaway right?? Well, here's my final plug to enter. I mean c'mon...it's a BROOKS running shoe and shorts! Whaddya waitin' for? A personal invite? If so...here it is:

Dear___________, 

You are cordially invited to enter GFTW's Awesome BROOKS Running Shoe/Short Giveaway. You'd be wondering if you couldda been the lucky winner for rest of your life if you don't enter! ;)

Love, 
AM 

That's it for me friends! Happy Friday everyone and good luck to all racers. Send speedy vibes my way ( i gotta beat the now 12 yr old this year!) and lemme know if you're racing too! Cheers!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Good luck, that's a nice prize for the win. Good luck on your race.

Running the Akron Marathon tomorrow.
Jennifer said…
Look at all the swag! I hope you do as well this weekend! Have a great race a lovely wekend!
KovasP said…
Have fun with the race! No need to plug the giveaway, as I believe I already won. :)
Teamarcia said…
Good luck and have fun at the race!
Christi said…
Good luck with your race! The pic from last year is great!
Rae said…
Good luck on your race Sunday! I hope you take first female again! That would be awesome!
Raquelita said…
I hope the wine party and the race are both a blast! I can't wait to hear your reports back!
trailmomma said…
Goodluck on Sunday! I love small races likes that . . . and what awesome prizes!!! :-)

I think some of the wine you will win (yes, you are winning again) will travel nicely to Tahoe . . . just sayin' :-)
Aimee said…
That race sounds awesome! I love small ones like that! Good luck...you'll do awesome! :)
Alison said…
Good luck with the race. How's about you let someone else have a go at winning this year. Then you can just take it easy and have fun ;-)
AM! said…
Hi All!
Allison- I would do that, but I actually need/want my time for a 5k race. I don't know where I'm at with speed, and this time will help me realistically gauge a predicted time for training and my upcoming half on OCt 30th!;-)
AM! said…
Oh! and also...I really don't see me winnin' this year! it's all good!
zbsports said…
Nice fun race, keep up the good run!!! I like your post too.
Unknown said…
Good luck! Hope you have a great race :-)
teacherwoman said…
Good luck! Sounds like fun!
Anonymous said…
Half marathon #5 this weekend! Good luck taking the gold this weekend!
Good luck, though 12 year olds are hard to beat (I speak from experience!)
JC said…
LOVE it! Congrats! I bet the 11yr olds parents are given her S^&T because who wouldn't want the wine as a prize (just joking btw).

I think my husband would even race if there was wine involved - that's it were movin!
Happy Friday Lady:)

Oh - and for the Brookes contest - I am a follower!
Cheers!
Sherri said…
Your just so stinkin fun! I am always happy when I finish reading your posts! Good Luck this weekend! I raced a few Junior high boys up a hill...and won! Does that count as a race?
I'm so glad you're having a better week!

Hope it carries through the weekend!
Lisa said…
hope the wine party is great and good luck in the race Sunday! You'll do great!
Regina said…
Good luck! That was quite a bit of good loot!
wine as a prize....where do I sign up....LOL
Unknown said…
Such a cute picture, I hope you WIN again! Have fun and run your "training run" hard!!
Leah F said…
Hey, some 11 year olds are FAST. Besides, a win is a win. I hope this year's race went well and that you repeated!
Julie said…
Congrats to you Anne Marie! You are a super star:) Damn, I want your legs...so muscular and toned! Nice job!
Silvergirl said…
Hope you had a great race and that you are celebrating with a few free bottles of wine!!!
Megan said…
That's a rocking good prize for such a little race. Sounds like fun.

Popular Posts