Goals for the Week 31: A New Month Has Begun!


Feliz agosto amigos! I really do love a new month. Especially, when the first day is Sunday. To me, they just go hand in hand. And this time round, August 2010 feels really right. Maybe it's because I'm past the post race blue and have three mini-getaway/vacations, and my second half of my training to look forward too. Oh, and did I mention my b-day is in August too? Yeah, it's a good month. 

So let's get this month goin'! Above is the finisher's medal from Barb's Race Relay (the race with THE best goody bag!). Pretty huh? I'll give a recap on Tuesday, but I won't leave ya hangin' too much: yes, I'm really, really glad I did it, with a 'No Expectations' clause! And I biked well considering;-)

Okay, now let's get to all the other life stuff. Here are my Goals for the Week:

Mom: Summer Breeze! Kids took swim lessons (finally) last week, and I'm gonna do pool time with them at least 3 times this week to apply/practice...oh, and have fun;-)

Athlete: I have my races and focus ( i think) for the year (I'll post that too later), so this week create my 3 month general outline of training leading up to a half marathon on Oct 31st. 

Health: With the help of Nutrition Gal, get my intakes in place to accommodate my new training hours/vacationing and focus.

Personal Growth: Sounds petty, but check my email 1x an hour or less. I've gotten in the habit of checking it WAY too much at times! Instead, put that attention towards kids, house, work, driving, writing.

So there ya have it. That's what's  on my radar for the week. As always, I write these goals down on a book mark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them at some point each morning as I slurp my coffee. Now...it's a new month for us all. I'd LOVE for you to post YOUR goals for the week!;-) Tell me already!

Comments

Christina said…
The medal is so pretty!

Good luck on your August goals. I need to stay away from the computer as much as possible. I spent way too much time on it.
Aimee said…
I love that medal! Those sound like great goals to me! :)
Raquelita said…
Buena suerte, amiga! Your personal growth goal is definitely one I should consider making for myself....

I have two goal posts coming up this week, so I won't divulge all here. I will say that I have a couple of syllabi that I need to get written and 15 miles to put in the books.
Unknown said…
Feliz agosto a ti! I'm going to post goals this week, thanks for the tiny push A.M.
I can't wait to hear about Barb's Race, I love the medal!
Unknown said…
Glad you are over the blues!! I love the medal. Is it recycled? Looking forward to hear more about what you have in the works :)
Have a fabulous week!
Teamarcia said…
Happy August girlfriend! As always great goals and wow that's a gorgeous medal!
Lisa said…
Great goals! I especially love the one about checking emails less often. We're all so connected to email that it can easily take over our lives! I bet you'll find you have a lot of extra time on your hands!

How fun that you have some mini-vacations coming up! great things to look forward too!
Megan said…
Ooo...That is a pretty medal.
Anne-Marie said…
Very pretty medal... I don't think I've ever seen one like that before!

I did a 6 hour bike/run brick yesterday and was actually thinking about some goals while riding the bike, so here's what I came up with:

Triathlete: Swim 3x this week - need to get over the swim slump I hit in July

(New) Homeowner: Pay property taxes (wahoo, fun!); unpack at least 2 boxes that are still in the basement.

Health/Well-being: Relax more/try to stress less; Always leave some "me" time and don't overbook myself.

I think I need to adopt your goal of checking email less, esp. on my iPhone. It's such a bad habit, as soon as I pick it up I have to check my email!

Have a great week, can't wait to hear about the relay!
Jill said…
Excellent goals, as usual :). You're always so focused. I love that medal, it is soooo pretty!

Popular Posts