Three Things Thursday: Vineman Related


1. I forgot to mention that my Race Day Nutrition Plan worked, AND...I ate 1/4 of a Raptur Bar four times through out the race (instead of any gels). Twice on the bike, and twice on the run. I just sucked it up and chewed em. And it worked just fine.

2. The last ~3 miles of my run were a bit interesting because my orthotics I put in my Newton shoes, did not soak up any liquids from the misters, water, (pee), and ice, so by mile ~10, I felt like I was running in puddles of water in my shoes. Very weird experience...Has anyone experienced this?

3. And...I do have another race on my radar. And it's pretty soon. Like next weekend! I'm a part of a relay for Barb's Race, which is the ONLY all female Half Ironman Triathlon in the world. And it's the EXACT same course as Vineman. I'm doing the bike portion and our team name is 'Will Race for Wine!'

That's it for me. Also, don't forget to enter my $60 CSN giveaway,. I'm off to do my first post race 'workout', which will be a FUN swim and maybe some weights. Or maybe not. Cuz this week I have no plan;-)

Comments

misszippy said…
So glad the nutrition worked for you! I figured it did with those rockin' results! Uh, yeah, I've run in those puddly shoes before for the same reason. It's the only time I have the potential for blisters, I've found. Nice, huh?
Emz said…
Yay on the nutrition plan!

Another race next weekend. You are amazing!!
ShutUpandRun said…
So the Newtons didn't soak up the pee. Good to know.
Aimee said…
Have fun this weekend! That sounds like an awesome race! :)
teacherwoman said…
Yay! Glad the nutrition worked out well for you. Weird about the water in the shoes.... never experienced that before.
Jill said…
So glad the nutrition worked out perfectly for you! The relay will be a blast, good luck!!!
Teamarcia said…
I'm glad somebody's nutrition is working! Sorry no experience with puddles in the shoes...yet!
LMC said…
I'm catching up here, so I just read and posted a comment on your race report. You rocked it!
Glad to hear your nutrition worked for you. Would you do the same for next tri? Funny, all my long runs are "in puddles" because I sweat like a crazy person and my feet, socks and shoes get soaked all the time. Luckily, no blisters!
Have fun this weekend at the relay, with a name like that, you can't go wrong!
Pahla said…
Love the team name! Me, too. :-)
Unknown said…
I'm so happy your nutrition plan worked out, that is always GREAT news! I hope I get to see you! If you want to email me, I can email my cell number and if you make it, give me a call!
I'll check email from Moraga tomorrow night! HUGS!
Maggs said…
You might try some sports shield powder in the shoes. I'm not sure if will soak up the moisture, but it will protect the feet from blisters.
Unknown said…
So glad you've found the right nutrition for you, I still haven't got round to trying the sweet potato! Have fun at this weekends race, I'd love to do a tri relay, never seen one over here though

Popular Posts