Personal GrowTH-ursday: Race Times


Well, it's sub four days til the shhh..big race, So.. let's talk about the actual race and times. But before I get to my general times,  I want to give a lil' background as to how UBER fast the other ladies in my house are. So, let me just tell you this:

1. Last year at Vineman (in ~98 degree heat,) the top 5 AGE GROUPERS in my 35-40 Age Group raced under 5 hours. FIVE freakin' hours!!! That's insane.

2. The Top TWENTY in just my age group were under 5:30 hr finish time. Again... insane.

3. Former age groupers who turn Pros a year later like Charisa race this thing...


So...you're not gonna see any... 'OMG! I Just Podium-ed at Vineman!' over here. Oh, contraire mon fraire. But I do have an idea of what I'd like my times to be, so I'll put it out there for the world to dissect  see;-):

Swim: ~37:30'
T1- ~2:30'
Bike: ~19-20 mph ave, so btwn 2:40-2:50
T2- ~2'
Run: ~8:15-8:30 min/miles, so ~1:50 total run time

Total time: 5:40-5:50.

There. I said it. That' what's in my head. But with so many variables laid out through out the day...who knows? What I do know is that I want to remember this: 

No one cares how fast I am except myself. 
What matters is this journey. 
  Keep the vision of my lil' girl running her heart out in my head. 
The End.

Comments

Good luck! You got it!

Wish I could be up there racing too.
Emz said…
YAY for you.

GO get it!

You are going to rock it!!
sarah said…
Good luck! A strong field should make for a fun, competitive race with plenty of people to push you. Podium schmodium.
Regina said…
Great Post! I was playing with the Tri Calc App for iPhone last night to see what I would need to do in October for a sub 6 hour HIM. Yikes!

Good luck this weekend!! Can't wait to read all about it.
Goals are important, but, as you say, the journey is more important, and being flexible is more important. Because no matter how hard you train, things can come up, particularly in triathlon. Good luck!!!
Aimee said…
Good luck this weekend! Your goal times sound totally doable! You can do it! :)
misszippy said…
Yes, the peeps who do the 1/2 IMs all the time put out these insane times, don't they? Especially at the qualifiers. Your goals look great and I'll bet you smash them!
Caratunk Girl said…
Good luck! I LOVE the vision of the little girl running in your head...here is a Mia Hamm quote for you...

Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back... play for her.
Lindsay said…
YEAH!!! Good luck to you! You will do GREAT!!!
Unknown said…
Good luck! You've worked hard and will do great, just finishing is a massive acheivment!!
Christina said…
You have trained hard and will do great. :)
JBM said…
best of luck and enjoy the beautiful course!!! run with a water bottle fill it with ice and that will be a blessing on the run
Caratunk Girl said…
Hey Anne Marie! So glad you liked that quote - one of my favorites. It came back to me with the last few words of your blog. Best of luck this weekend, I am totally going to be stalking you and cheering you on!
You can totally do it! Good luck!
teacherwoman said…
Those look like some great times! Good luck this weekend!
Pahla said…
Wow, even without a podium, your goals sound amazing - go get 'em girl!!
Clair said…
Have a great race!!
Hey you know what? Do the math on those splits and you're looking at 5:15-5:20... Not 5:40! Go girl! Have a great race!
AM! said…
Thank you everyone!

And Caratunk Girl- I love the Mia Hamm quote! so great;-)
Teamarcia said…
Awww what a sweet pic and I adore her flair for fashion!
Good luck this weekend...you'll totally rock it!
And I have to remember 'training studio' sounds so much better than 'subterranean cell' or 'home gym'!
Lisa said…
Good luck this weekend! You are ready for this race and you're gonna kill it! Have fun and enjoy the ride (run, and swim)!
Unknown said…
You're so ready, I can hear it in your final words of the post! HAVE fun, smile and run for that little girl in your heart!!
Nice GOALS, you'll pull those off easily!
go anne marie! I'm so proud of you.
Unknown said…
Good luck!!! Your an Almost Perfect Woman, close as your going to get to perfect.
mjcaron said…
Have a GREAT race! You have an awesome attitude so I'm sure you'll make your goal.
Jill said…
Go get 'em, girl!! Big screaming cheers from Denver!!!
CONGRATS, YOU DID AWESOME! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REPORT!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Each individual wishes a hand through specifically degrees of coaching, regardless, capable help is considerably more goal. I worship this disseminate and desire you will keep up to share such an energizing records!Buy a Dissertation the way should state astoundingly stunning point of view on this photograph! I diligently dream visit the Arctic!

Popular Posts