Motley Monday: Me and Maggs... and More!

I know, I know, this isn't THE race report, but think of is as a primer. I'm waiting to post the real deal (tomorrow) when I get a few photos from my Dad and finalize my thoughts for each leg...

But I had to show at least somethin' from the race right? I mean I gotta milk this puppy! So Maggs aka SunSafety Barbie came out from Hawaii to do the race as well. And it was great  to have a racing buddy. Here's some shots of our adventure:


Us at pre-race packet pick up, and she's giving me some SCAPE sunscreen. I was STOKED, I've seen it so much in bloggyland I had to try some (and it worked fabulously race day):




Our T2 transition spots. Mine are the Newtons and the pink ribbon (to know where to go), hers is the one on the right. The one with the FLIP FLOPS! She raced the swim/bike only because of a potential hip problem. She didn't want to push it, especially with Kona coming up for her in Oct:
A race morning picture walking to T1:
Putting on the wet suits in our T1 area. I'm the one with the light blue top and pig tails:


Us ~10 min before our race start:
And now...sub four min before our start:



And we're Off! (that's me out front...NOT, but that probably is Maggs):
 At the finish line. The GLORIOUS finish line!!:



And last, but certainly not least...here's us back in Sonoma celebrating with chips and Margarita's (I was cravin' the salt!!!). When in Sonoma drink... Margarita's right? And you bettcha I wore my finisher's medal proudly (I actually thought it might help get us a free drink, but it didn't..;-)


So there's the primer. The real deal comes out tomorrow. Along with a giveaway this week, and a review of this skirt I can't WAIT to try (along w/another giveaway)! Literally just got it in the mail about ten minutes ago:
Woo-hoo! I'm feelin' the post race love over here if ya can't tell! Do you know the high I'm talkin' about? ;) Ciao bellos/as!

Comments

Hannah said…
Ah! I love your pictures! I am always impressed by triathletes. To be able to transition between three different modes of racing is beyond impressive to me. Way to go!
so great! congrats AM!
Maggs said…
Woohoo! Had so much fun this weekend hanging with you and your family. You kicked butt during the race too! Thanks for everything~!
sarah said…
feels so ODD that i wasn't there with you. way to go!!!!!!!
Jill said…
Love the pics :). And what a rip to not get free margs for the medal, no fair!!
Unknown said…
Cute pictures, I love Magg's blog too! What a fun way to celebrate your tri!
Anne said…
Great tease post...loved the pics! :)
Regina said…
I know the feeling. I was walking on air for a full week after my first HIM. This is a great primer, can't wait to read the real deal!
Caratunk Girl said…
Oh man, I can't wait for the RR!! I am so happy for you!
sarah said…
You're killing me! I might have to stalk Vineman results now.
WOOHOO for post race love :) Can't wait to hear all the details!
Cute pics. Looking forward to your RR! Sad I had to miss out on this race. Would have loved to meet you!
Aron said…
love your pics :) cant wait for the full report, i was out there cheering for my husband - it was his first 70.3!
Christina said…
I love your pictures. Can't wait for the race report and more pictures. And yeah, milk it all you can. :)
Aimee said…
Great pictures! I want details about the skirt...it looks so cute! Can't wait for the race report! :)
Charisa said…
Love seeing you and Maggs together! Congrats on a great race :) Looks like you had fun too - that's the best!
Unknown said…
Looks like a great race, I can't wait to hear more!
misszippy said…
You're killing us with the suspense, but I'm guessing it was a good day! Can't wait to hear.
Megan said…
Sounds like y'all had fun. I love that you wore your medal out after. I do that too but I kinda feel like a dork.
Laura said…
Seriously jealous of the arms and shoulders! Can't wait to read about the rest!
Unknown said…
Love the photos!!!
I am behind in blogs so I am off to read the report now!

Popular Posts