GFTW 29: So...How Was the Race?


Funny, I meant to post the following out this am, and somehow it didn't get through. Dang computer. So the following below mite lose some of it's luster...but it helped today;-):

The race and the entire experience was incredible. What a journey! Everything went according to race plan: My swim went actually well, my T1 was seamless. I felt confident and strong on the bike and pushed myself while staying in my zone. My T2 was smooth enough, and I ran my race, high fived my kids, and pushed through til the end.

Okay...sounds a lil' too perfect eh? Well, I actually haven't raced yet. Don't mean to psyche ya out over here! But I'm posting this b/c this is what I WANT to say when people ask my tomorrow  'So, how was the race?'

So I'm setting this to post at my swim start- 7am. So I'm either racing or I'm finished and attempting to take in the post race vibes and celebration. Or I'm puckered out on my couch and wanting a nap.


(Well, I'll tell you now...the race was fab, and can't wait to share in a post manana!;-)

But I still wanted to post my Goals for the Week. And guess what? I'm not setting any. Because my mind and body need a break-just like in training eh? And what better week to do so than now. And this rest week makes me realize I should have taken a mental break in Spring as well. Would have been good for me. Aw well. It's all a learning process right?



So that's my Goal for the Week: take a rest week

 I look forward to giving the real race report. In the meantime, here's a pic of the pre- race- It's me with Sister Madonna, the oldest female to do Kona Ironman.


That's it for me. And I have all your good vibes with me out on race day.
Now, how about you? Do you take rest weeks? What do you have planned on your radar this week? I wanna read all about your juicy life puckered out on my couch!;-)

Comments

Jill said…
Oh my god, you're killing us out here, girl! We want details!!!! I'm glad it went fab, but we gotta hear all the stuff in between :). Can't wait to hear!!!

I emailed your nutrition gal; I've come to terms with the heel and am ready to cry uncle. I'm ok with that really, I'm ready to get it fixed and start back training with all body parts healed and my body in prime training shape...so therefore I need some guidance. Not sure what SF holds, but I will at least be there!

Congratulations!!! Big HUGS to you!
xo
teacherwoman said…
Congrats girl! Enjoy your rest week! You deserve it!
Aimee said…
Looking forward to the race report! :)
Unknown said…
The suspense! Oh the suspense! I thought about you off and on all weekend hoping all was going just as planned! Cant wait for that race report and pics!
Good call on the rest :)
Christina said…
I can't wait to read your race report.
Good goals for the week! You deserve it.
I tracked you and you smoked it. Congrats again!
Regina said…
Psych! You got me. Just checked your results, outstanding! Can't wait to read the RR.

My coach made me take a week off. She said I could train if I liked, but only recreationally and no running until my legs were totally pain free.
Waiting with great anticipation for your report. I was sending you great, fast, awesome thoughts today. Did ya feel me, huh? huh? I know you rocked!!
Caratunk Girl said…
WOW! I stalked you. Awesome job. Holy crap, you are my freaking HERO. Congrats on a smoking race!! Looks like you met your goals and then some! Can't wait for the RR.
Teamarcia said…
Congrats on a race that I'm sure was awesome even if I haven't read the details yet! You are a such an inspiration!
A rest week sounds perfect! Enjoy!
Kat said…
Looking forward to your race report!
Unknown said…
Ah what a tease haha! I can't wait to read your recap!! Enjoy a well deserved rest :-)
Megan said…
I'm glad you had a good race. Congrats.
Unknown said…
You tricked me sneaky girl, that was cute! It looks like you DID have an awesome race! Congrats and big hugs, you were incredible! I can't wait to hear the details.
Yes, let's meet on Saturday sometime if you can! We'll get into the city some time around noon.
Hugs!
Samantha G said…
Ahh, came on here all ready to read the report! I'll be checking back then!
Good for you for taking some much needed rest :)

Popular Posts