GFTW 28: GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL for the Week!


Now, I know this isn't a soccer blog, but it is a Goals blog (I know, different kind) and I wanted to acknowledge the World Cup final match being played today. Because it's the #1 sport in the world, and it all comes down to this one game- The Final!


And exactly one week from today, I'll be embarking on my own Final: Vineman;-)So this week is about putting all the pieces of the tri puzzle together. Putting the final touches on my final game plan, gettin' my tri things in order, taking care of the self, and most importantly having fun with it all. Because what I realize is, this all ain't worth it, if it ain't fun. So that's my plan.

And here are my Goals for the Week to help make it happen:

Athlete: Practice transitions 1x each day for ~20 minutes this week. Specifically, 1. getting on bike w/my polar band wet to make sure it reads/works from my bike. 2. T1 one day 3. T2 one day 4. Taking off wet wetsuit one day. Last day...practice which ever needs most help!


Wife: Bed by 9:30- up by 5:30am. A lil' weird goal as a wife, but Ironman Dude and I always go to bed at the same time, and I know we'd both be VERY happy to get to bed earlier than later.


Health: Stick to Nutrition Daily intakes. I want to feel lean and have no mental excuse for that this weekend. 


Mom: Take kids either swimming, biking, or to the park 3 days this week.


Personal Growth: Visualize how I'll feel, and what I'll say to myself at each leg of the race. Use my Mental Game I designed to help get me there. Above is my run, and I plan to tell myself all the things I wrote in red. Make these mental race thoughts a habit for me by race day.

As always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee. And that's what's on my plate for the week. 

Now I'd love to know what you've got goin' on in your neck of the woods, and if you know anyone who is doing Vineman?  

Comments

Laura said…
Wow! You are soooo super organized with all this! You are going to rock this thing! Have a blast and good luck!
Caratunk Girl said…
You are going to do so awesome at Vineman! I am cheering for you!
Lisa said…
Love the goals for the week! You'll be great next weekend!
Jill said…
You're the only one I know doing Vineman and that's one more than I knew a month ago so that's good, right?? You're going to do so great! You're focused and driven and determined, you can't beat that!!
Megan said…
That's my bed time has been for years. Unfortunately, I get up 45min before that.
But the Big Man and I always go to bed together.

Good luck. That's so exciting.
Yay, you are so organized, love it! I can't wait for your race, can we track you? I completely agree about having fun being nr.1 I always check in with myself to make sure I am enjoying my training! Good luck!!!
Unknown said…
So excited for you!!! you are going to rock this race :)
I would LOVE to get to bed by 9:30 more than one day in a row.

Good luck with your training and race. It's going to be awesome, I just know it!
Unknown said…
Great goals this week! I'm really excited for your race :-)
Kristen said…
This is such a great idea and so impressive!
Good luck on your race!
Marci said…
I need your bib number so I can follow you at Vineman!

Popular Posts