Barb's Half Ironman Relay: THE Goody Bag

I'm always so impressed when I see bloggers carefully line up all their race schwag and present it so perfectly, with a list of products and pictures galore.  I wonder how they take the time to show it all off. I guess  it's because I've never had that great of a goody bag before. 


Until today.

I'm the bike part of a relay doing Barb's Race tomorrow (Saturday). And I have a WHOLE separate story on my ebbs and flows of even mustering up the energy to 'race' the thing, but it all got sorted out when I realized my fellow relay partners are doing it for FUN. Meaning...I don't have to put on my  'race' game face, 2 wks after Vineman. Ay, Dios Mio! That's exactly what to doctor ordered. I get to instead race for fun with NO expectations! That's my kinda race and I now feel pretty excited about it. (I was worried I'd let the relay down w/my post race blues, and lack of mojo at the moment).

So, back to the schwag bag. I went today for packet pick up and left with a Goody Bag full of COOL Stuff! So cool, that for the first time (drum roll please..) I felt like writing a post about it! Tah-dah!


So, here's the schwag in all it's splendor (minus a 100,000 candy bar, and 2 other Luna Bars I gave to the fam earlier):
Okay, it's not the best picture, but you get the gist. And now I'm gonna take it even one step further and LIST the stuff! Yes, that's right. I'm typing it out right now starting at the top:

1. Awesome WOMEN'S fitted, 50% recycled polyester, technical sporty feeling Race shirt
2. Rohto Lubricant Eye Drops
3. Awesome Defeet Women's Specific Fit socks with 'Barb's Race' on them. Guess what I'm wearing tomorrow for my bike part;-)
4. A set of Goody four hair ties which I love. And they're my color. score!
3. Postcard for a Free Rose at Atrellis in Windsor
4. Mental Skills Coach gift of SP 15 Lip Balm
5.  Skweet Sport Bottle Wash for 3 sports bottle washes
6. Oodles of packets of tri-swim body wash, lotion, shampoo and conditioner ( i left a few of the packets in the bag)
7. 2 packets of Traditional Medicinals Nightly and Chamomile Tea w/ $1 off coupon
8. Emergen-C Vitamin C packet with coupons
9. Now this one's clever: a sample of Hoo Ha Ride Glide Chamois Cream. And 15% off with code: TEAM1015 at reflectsports.com
10. Ironman Muscle Rub Gel sample (I've never seen this, and I guess it's at CVS) w/ coupon
11.  Oodles of packets of Jelly Belly's Sport's Beans
12. Camelbak Berry Elixir sample. Huh? Didn't know they made em
13. SUN fragrance free mineral sunscreen SPF 18 packet.
14. attune Probiotic DARK chocolate Bar (guess what I'm having for dessert tonite?)
15. ~Four different flavors of Luna Bars. The full ones, not just the sample size.
16. Can of Go Girl Bliss Energy Drink (yah, drank it on the way home!;-). I've never heard of this before, but the can is 35 calories and I actually really liked it. 

So, I've done it. I've gone ahead and showed off a race schwag bag. But are ya gettin' my Love for the Above? Do I gain entry to a new 'Schwag Bag' Fan Club? Who's the President, and when do we meet? ;-)





Comments

Rad Runner said…
Wow this was a sweet bag! Those freakin' Lady Luna's are so yuM!
Anne-Marie said…
Wow, awesome schwag! I'm totally jealous... I don't think I've had a race goodie bag that came close to this one.

Good luck and have fun at the race tomorrow!!!
Raquelita said…
That is some pretty fantastic schwag! The day before we moved I found a random bag of schwag in my closet from a race back in March.... Clearly it didn't have the level of awesomeness that this bag of yours did.

Have a great time at the race tomorrow!
Christina said…
Now that's what I call a goodie bag! :) Have fun!
Aimee said…
Woohoo! That's some nice schwag! :)
Unknown said…
Wow, what a bag of stuff! You, hubby and the kids could live off of that stuff for a week! You ARE the pres of that club and I'm the treasurer...by my calculations that bag is worth over $200!! Jk...todavia estoy aprendiendo mis sumas!
I hope you HAD a FUN, super and wonderful race, can't wait to hear about it!
Maggs said…
That is a great bag. I thought what we had 2 weeks ago was good, but hmmm... maybe that's the race I want to do next year, not the 70.3 branded one.

Have fun tomorrow and good luck.
Unknown said…
Nice! Good luck for tomorrow, enjoy it!
sarah said…
So when I saw the Elixir package, my mind went in the gutter - especially next to the Hoo Ha Ride Glide. But whatevs - this is such a multitasking schwag bag, I expect to see all forms of stuff. Good luck today!
justme said…
man, i want that bag. our last few bags have been very lamo. i was not too impressed with nyc one
MJ said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJ said…
yay for a swag-bag junkie-girl!! :) I love your loot!
Clair said…
That is possibly the best bag ever. I especially like the socks. Have fun today!
Unknown said…
wow, you really did SCORE!!
Regina said…
I HEART the Tri Swim lotion. It is the best lotion post swim evah!! Nice swag!
OMG that is one amazing goody bag!
How did it go? Can't wait to hear all about it!
I heard that race is awesome. Great bag!
Julie said…
That is the best race swag ever!! Hands down the best that I have seen:) You scored:) Looking forward to hearing all about your race Anne Marie!
ho ha ride glide. Perhpas its the inner 12 year old in me, but I can't stop giggling! haha!
Caratunk Girl said…
WOW. That is the best swag ever!! Can't wait to hear about the race!
Lisa said…
OMG! that bag is incredible! Looks like tons of fun stuff to try!
Megan said…
Dang! that is quite a goody bag. My sister swears by Emergen-C Vitamin C packets.

Popular Posts