What's Working: Power Fruit Shake!

I've been making these fruit shakes with chia seeds for a while, but I have a 'new' recipe via Nutrition Gal, so wanted to pass it along to you. Also, having a VitaMix is pretty much the bomb. We've had this VitaMix now for probably 8 years and it's still going strong. I think it's the same sort of blender they use at Jamba Juice. It's a lil' pricey, but SO worth it.


Okay, back to Power Fruit Shake:




1 Cup Frozen Triple Berry Blend (Strawberries, Blueberries, Rasberries) at TJ's
1/4 C Nonfat milk or Plain Almond Milk
1/4 C Orange Juice
2/3 Scoop Lean Dessert Protein Powder (it's the red plastic jar in the picture)
1 TBSP Chia or Flax seeds
Ice, if desired


I add ~1/2 C of water along with 3 pieces of ice. Combine all ingredients and blend to desired consistency.

It tastes like dessert. So good. I bet you could substitute the protein powder with whatever protein powder you use, or maybe peanut butter;-)


I'm off to power lift after this breakfast...ha!

Comments

Jill said…
I'm drinking my protein blackberry smoothie as I type :). But I put spinach in mine, cuz my raw-foods guru friend told me spinach cells are better absorbed when they are blended than when they are chewed (I have zero clue)...so maybe as your nutritionist about this, I'd be curious. You can't even taste the difference with the spinach :).
Jill said…
That was "ask", not as....sorry. Fingers aren't typing too well this early yet. hehe
Julie said…
I still need to purchase some of those chia seeds so that I can experiment with them too! Your shake looks so good:)
Maggs said…
I love my Vitamix blender.
Jennifer said…
Yummy! That sounds delightful!
Aimee said…
Yum! I'm going to have to try that! :)
Teamarcia said…
I've been doing the exact same shake, except with whey protein and a little kefir splashed in, for years and love it! It's so good for recovery!
BTW what's a tri-pkg on a bike? The aero bars? I got those because I had 'free points' at a bike shop and apparently a deathwish too. I've used them maybe twice--they terrify me.
Rad Runner said…
Yum! Thanks for sharing, now I am way thirstY!
Sounds yummy! I love having protein shakes....yes they are just like dessert!
RunToTheFinish said…
yummy!! i am always on teh lookout for new good shake ideas. I so wish I had a vita, my magic bullet is about to bite the dust
LMC said…
I have made shakes like this one but never thought to add the protein powder. That's a great idea and good for recovery. Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
OMG! I was just posting on someone else's blog about chia and my VITAMIXER!! My hubby and I drink shakes every morning with ours...all veggies, add pineapple, half an apple, some frozen fruit, rice milk and wham! Not as tasty as yours I'm sure b/c it's mainly veggie but still amazing! Don't you love the vitamixer!!!!
Velma said…
Yumo! My blender kind of sucks, so I may be in for a new one. Thanks for the suggestions.
Anne said…
Thanks for sharing :)

Popular Posts