Three Things Thursday: All About Growth


It's been a great week for me in Bloggyland. For three cool reasons. I feel like these each deserves a post, but wanted to shout em' out sooner than later:

1. This blog was nominated for a BlogLuxe 2010 Award! My Swimmer BFF who is the guru behind JuiceintheCity, JuiceBoxJungle, is also the one who turned me on to blogs ~1.5 yrs ago. Back then, I started perusing blogs to help her, and it prompted me wanna create my own. So I took the leap. And now, 1.5 yrs later...this blog has been nominated in the CEO of Organization Section. uh...yah...pretty cool! It's up with the majority of blogs being UBER management efficient, cute, and super sleek. It's just cool to be in the group. Check it out here to a. vote for me;-) and b. check out some really cool blogs in different categories such as 'tastiest blog', 'most inspirational', 'most visually pleasing'. I believe there are 8 categories.


2. Loved, loved, the questions/comments for Nutrition Gal! I can't believe how freakin' on top of it y'all are. Your questions were like reading a health text book. I ended up closing the comments to ensure Nutrition Gal could answer them all. And she's on vaca this wknd, so asked if she could have them done by next Friday. I said NO WAY! of course:-)


3. Athleta's Chi posted an article I wrote titled Building Swim Confidence, today. Woo-hoo! I'm excited for a few reasons. I love their blog, and feel honored to write a post for them. Also, this topic is something that's near and dear to my heart. .


I titled this 'All About Growth' because 1.5 yrs ago I didn't see the above as tangent realities. really. But if I think about it, I realize they happened because of these lil' weekly goals (take a risk each day, etc) I'm setting for myself and posting right here. So that's my 3 things, and I'd love to hear what you've got happenin' in your week! 

Comments

Unknown said…
Voted for you :-) I hope you win you definately deserve to!
misszippy said…
I tried to vote for you, but not entirely sure it went through? I hope so! And loved your article--well written and full of great advice. Good job!
Teamarcia said…
Lots of great stuff happening here! So proud of you! Going to vote and read the Chi blog right now!
Anne said…
Woohoo! Congrats AM...how cool are you :) I tried to vote, but it was taking too long to received their confirmation email, so I'll try again later! Promise :)
Dion said…
I really liked you article. I'm such a terrible swimmer, that I don't think I even qualify as a beginner. I was happy to read that you think it is a good idea to take lessons. I have been on the fence about taking lessons (pride is getting in the way), so if AnneMarie says do it - I'm going to take a lesson! ;-)
KovasP said…
Voted for you - congrats on the nomination!
Aimee said…
Congrats on the nomination! I voted for you! Yay!

Also, great article about swimming. It is very timely for me. :)
NY Wolve said…
Wow, an award! Good luck! I think this summer I am going to start swimming as a way to get cardio in without body stress, so I'll check out your post. I haven't swam a lap in years.
Caratunk Girl said…
I hope you win! I voted for you! Good luck. I am checking out the article next!
AM! said…
Hi everyone;-)
just wanted to say thanks for all the votes of confidence;-) I really appreciate it!
Unknown said…
Congratulations on your blog award nomination : ) That is all kinds of exciting for sure!
Jennifer said…
Wow, what a cool award and such a great week! Good for you, your hard work and dedication is paying off!
Anne-Marie said…
Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for finding my blog and for your comments. It's awesome to meet another triathlete Anne(-)Marie! I noticed in your profile that you're a Leo - so am I! crazy eh? :)

Your blog is awesome and so inspirational - love it! Congrats on the nomination!!
LMC said…
You rock Anne Marie! I voted for you. I also read your article and loved it. It had alot of useful tips, just like your blog posts. Your week is so much more exciting than mine. I've got work and running going on. That's it!
Jill said…
That's so cool about your award - yea!!!!! I'm off to go vote for you right now! And geez, I can't believe my blog hasn't been voted most random boring crap ever!!! ;)
VegetariRun said…
Thanks for the blog comment--and thanks to both you and Nutrition Gal for offering your help! I feel kind of bad that only I came out of the woodwork as soon as there was a chance to get help... but really, I've been reading your blog for awhile. You've gotten me interested in chia seeds and I love reading about your training :) Also I hope to move to California someday so I love your photos of rides and stuff.

Popular Posts