Goals for the Week 25: Here we Go!


One year ago to the day, this is Ironman Dude on Father's Day, finishing his second Ironman at Couer de 'Alene. I thought it was perfect to share, because it highlights the kind of Dad he is. Here he is, in the middle of the bike (~50 mi), and he comes over, stops, and hugs the kids. Stops and Hugs the kids! WTF? This, my friends is something I would NEVER do! I'm just too competitive or something. I'd would just wave and ride on. But not him. That's his style and it's something I'm trying to emulate. And he managed to do the IM in 11:06 hrs- I'm jealous and inspired. And I just gotta show how cute the kidz looked cheering last year:




Which leads me to my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Finalize my new training plan. Since I parted ways with my former trainer, I need to focus and finalize my new training program. Luckily, my Nutrition Gal, who also formerly trained me, is on board with helping, so I should be good to go.


Mom: Get the kids hair cut


Wife: Date night. Sooo needed. make it happen;-) either fri or sat nite.


Friend: Book a flight to LA for August for the wknd. I get to go see RENT the musical:-)


Personal Growth: I need a lil' me time. Not just me and girl time 'me' time, but a venue to just be me. So that could look like meeting with an intuitive counselor, having a coffee, swimming at night, going to a bookstore, something! I need a block of time for just me this week.


As always, I write these on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read them each morning as I'm chugging down the coffee and planning the day. Now, for all you... What do YOU have going on this week? Please share!

Comments

Jill said…
Your husband sounds like an awesome father! Those luckly little wee-ones :). Goals for my week: Fine tune the remaining few weeks to SF Marathon, pray daily my heel cooperates (it was fine for my long run the other day but screaming today :( ) and eat to fuel my running and weight control! Have a great week, AM!
Maggs said…
Happy Father's Day to IronDude. Have fun at Rent. I love that musical. One of the negatives about Hawaii. Lack of musicals etc...
Maggs said…
I just saw your comment on Jessica's blog re: your foot. She really really knows her stuff. She helped me with my piriformis last year.
Unknown said…
Hehe I'd be the same as you, couldn't stop! Who could resist the go daddy shirt though :-)
Teamarcia said…
Hell I definitely wouldn't stop for fear of falling off! What a great dad though. And such cute kiddos!
My goal this week: keep the kids occupied and having fun while prepping for the in-laws arrival/Thing 1'a b-day party on Saturday--eek!
misszippy said…
Great pics from IM. 11:06--he's a fast Irondude too! My goals are to get the summer routine started and to try to figure out what's going on with my body so that I can get my running back on track.

Have a great week!
justme said…
i like how you point on the ME time, not even with friends. i was told that i need to take time for me and i was not allowed for it to be training b/c that still was not just ME with NO agenda. i booked a sitter and today i am hoping to take some time for little ol me
Marci said…
I saw that alot when volunteering at IM Lake Placid last year. I'm like you... I'd never do it... too competitive or something like that! My goals... recover from my triathlon I did yesterday... train for Lake Placid... and start coming up with a race day plan for Lake Placid!
ShutUpandRun said…
I LOVE that picture. It does say it all.

Goals for my week? Create my marathon training plan so I can start it next week. Get to Costco. Take my daughter for an xray she should have had a month ago...
Unknown said…
Sounds like you snagged an awesome man! That picture is priceless and does say alot about him. That finish time......wow...fast!
I am still working on goals for this week. I skipped all cross training for the last couple weeks so need to get back on that.
Hello my name is Angie and I am a run-aholic and its been 3 days since my last run....
Caratunk Girl said…
I love that picture! That is so awesome! Holy crap he is fast! Hope the new trainer is a good one!
Lindsay said…
LOVE the picture. Great goals for the week, I am with you on the "me" time. Have a great week :)
Babbs said…
I love that he would stop for them... I wouldn't for fear I couldn't start again!
Megan said…
That is an amazing thing to do. I get in a zone and don't think about things like that.
Enjoy your me time.
Aimee said…
That is so awesome about Irondude! And, I think you have some good goals. I hope you're able to figure out your training schedule and get your much deserved "me" time. :)
Charisa said…
Love that pic of the kids cheering!
MJ said…
Love the pics, so warm :)

I hope you love RENT! I saw it when it was traveling, but I've heard the West Coast version is going to be full of amazing people!
OMG too sweet. That is also something my hubby would do but I think I would be like you, not stop....is that bad? LOL
LMC said…
Great pix, great dad! I love the t-shirt that your son is wearing. Did you get those done?
My goals for the week include catching up on reading blog posts. Have a great week!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Your hubby sounds like a great guy and wonderful father! I love how he stops just to say hi and hug the kids:)

Make sure you have that date night! I agree, that getting alone time with the hubby is so needed:)
Rad Runner said…
You time, grab it and have fun! Get a pedicure, you and your feet's will be singing!
Velma said…
Love the picture of your hubby! I got some time with the hubs this weekend, and it is always nice. Have a great week!
That is the GREATEST thing I have EVER heard done at a race!!! Stopping and hugs the kids!! That is beyond great!!!
Wendy said…
Love the pictures! So cute!!
Badgergirl said…
Love the picture! And a speedy Ironman Dude!
AM! said…
So, just have to say too...he won some major 'ahhh's' from the crowd, when he came over to hug/kiss the kids.
Sherri said…
I have to agree...that is amazing that he stops and gives them so much attention! What a great Dad! We can all learn from him! I am so bad at that!
Date night..priceless! You would be surprised at what just a simple small nigt does for the soul. So if you get in a bind and it is just not happening, just go sit on the porch together and have a glass of whatever suits you...and just talk!
Your goals are always great!
Clair said…
Awesome photos. Your kids look like fantastic course support. Good luck with the me time. Why is that always so hard?

Popular Posts