GFTW 26: Here we go Bricks!

No... the pic above isn't exactly what a brick workout entails: lifting your bike for kicks after your run. Instead, I had just finished my run, after a ~2.5 hr bike ride (which is a brick workout), and I just felt content about it all. About the fact I'm running again. About riding a new course solo. About it being FREAKIN' gorgeous at Stinson Beach. I had to take a shot, so I thought posing with my bike just seemed cool. I lifted the bike in brick triumph!;-)

And speaking of bricks, here's what I've built for my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: During my bricks this week, do what I'll be doing/wearing for my actual transitions. That includes hair in ponytails like race day, running off the bike in my bike/tri clothes (instead of changing into running gear like the pic above) and having everything ready/set up like a transition.

Mom: Sign kids up for 1 week of swim lessons


Health: Follow my daily intakes from Nutrition Gal, and to make it specific and realistic, anytime I feel like I want to snack on the kids snacks (chips, goldfish, etc) pack carrots/veggies for me. Just make sure I have a boat load of veggies to snack on in those moments. I normally wouldn't care so much, but I owe it to myself with Vineman ~3 wks away to stick to my intakes as much as possible. 


Personal Growth: Practice wanting more for others than I want for myself. Meditate on this for a minute or two in the am, and practice it in situations where I find myself thinking otherwise.


As always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my handy dandy organizer and attempt to review them each morning as a suck down the coffee! So that's what's on my radar for the week. Now my question to you: what do you have planned in your neck of the woods? Please share!

Comments

Aimee said…
I love that picture! That is so awesome! Hooray for having a great brick! I love when my bricks go well. I think using your actual race gear to practice transitions during your bricks is a great idea! I need to start doing that too. :)
Marci said…
Loving the picute... I've never actually tried lifting my bike like that! I love brick workouts as part of my training.

My goal for the week training wise is to get a long 6 plus hour bike ride in on Friday and mentally start getting ready the long day Lake Placid will bring!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
You look great in that picture! Stinson beach looks gorgeous too:) Nice job on your brick...I am glad that you are back running again!

I aslo need to sign my little guy up for swim lessons. I think he needs more than one week because he is scared of putting his head under water:)

Enjoy your week Anne Marie!
Laura said…
You so ROCK! I love love love that pic! I just love it when you come off a brick feeling that way instead of laying flat out heaving for air!
Wow, you must have a carbon bike, or really strong arms! I can barely move mine (it's a heavy aluminum one). Yes, you look great! Can't wait for your race!
Teamarcia said…
Love that pic! You are one bad mamma jamma with all that brickwork! WTG!
ShutUpandRun said…
Such a great picture. I would love to be at that beach. And better yet, holding up my bike after a brick workout!

Goals for this week for me include: starting my my marathon training, getting the house cleaned today including bathrooms and dusting (don't do this near enough), finally joining the pool now that my kids have been out for over a month.
misszippy said…
That is a great picture! I think you are so on the money with the way you are going to approach your bricks. Way to go.
Tracey Kite said…
I love that shot, and you are doing so awesome on your training. My goal this week is to train more like you. I have never heard of bricks before but guess I need to start doing some. You are inspiring me!
Unknown said…
That photo is fabulous!!!
Caratunk Girl said…
That photo rocks!! You look great! Way to knock off some awesome training!
Samantha G said…
What a great picture! Just found your blog today and look forward to following it (and catching up on some that I've missed!) :)
Sherri said…
That is the BEST picture ever! I love it! Your doing an amazing job! If I could just tap into a tad bit of your training that would be Wonderful!!!
Rad Runner said…
You look so cute in that pick!
Meditate... On a fab subject, I am going to start that tonight b4 bed. thank you!
LMC said…
Love that pic. You look great! It sounds like you're doing really well with your training and nutrition. You're inspiring!
My goals for the week include catching up on blogs (same as last week) and reconnecting with friends. Have a great week!
OMG what a great picture!
Jill said…
Love love love the picture!! You're such an amazing chick!! You need to take a picture of your taped heel so I can see that :).
Unknown said…
The pic is awesome!!!
MCM Mama said…
Love the picture! You are doing awesome.
Lindsay said…
LOVE the picture!!! You are super awesome!!!

Popular Posts