Fun Friday: The Versatile Award!

Anne at Asthma and the Gift of Running passed along this award, I think more as a lil' shout out vs. being all that versatile, and I'll take it! Thanks Anne! It's been really fun to read other people's list out in bloggyland...so on my bike warm-down yesterday I thought of a few things to share:

1. I was a Geography major at UC Santa Barbara and was ~6 units short of double majoring with Sociology. The Geography was not political ie, I didn't learn all the capitols of the world, it was socio-economic ie, city planning. And I have never done anything with the major;-)


2. I applied for the Peace Corps, and went through the first 2 rounds. When I learned I could only apply to teach English vs. city planning, I jumped ships and applied for Teach For America.


3. If I could be anyone, it'd be a combination of Ellen De Generes and Bonnie Hunt, sprinkled with a lil' of Serena William's sassiness and athleticism. 


4. I seriously think I suffer from seasonal affective disorder. It's only been post kids, but I swear it seems the weather can either make or break my day. 

5. I worked at a UC alumni summer family camp, Lair of the Bear, all 4 summers of college. Go Camp Gold! But I don't think I'd want my own kids to ever work there...too much debauchery.


6. Stay with me for this one...I chewed chewing tobacco (I learned it from being on the maintenance crew at the UC summer camp!), and I picked up smoking while learning to scuba dive in Honduras in the early nineties. Thank GAWD that's not on my plate anymore!!

7. If I were ~5 years younger...I'd seriously think of having another lil' one. It's not completely ruled out, but I have 2, we're all healthy, and all the risk factors increase tenfold w/my age.



That's my list. Now, I think virtually all the blogs I read out there have been tagged with this award by now, but I'll still name a few for kicks. Sorry I didn't link them, but here they are:

Meg Runs!
JillCostantino
RunningandLiving
CaratunkGirl
AdventureJunkieMom
LifetotheMax
SoyMamiyMas
ShutUpandRun

Happy Friday Friends!

Comments

Teamarcia said…
Love the list...except for maybe the chewing tobacco.:0 Have a great weekend!
misszippy said…
Chewing tobacco! You're killing me here...cannot picture it. Glad you were able to kick those habits to the curb. I'm with you on the SAD. I am already lamenting the fact that we're almost to the solstice and then the days will get shorter. Have a great weekend!
Love to learn new things and fun bloggers:) Loved all your experiences (my husband was in Peace Corp), even the chewing tabacco. Life should be experienced and if you don't get "these things" out of your system in your early 20s, when will you? I think I have a bit of SAD, too, prebaby, but running outside in the long New England winters has really helped me with that.
Thanks for the tag. I did the post a few weeks ago though:)
ShutUpandRun said…
I can't believe no one has tagged me on this one!!! I went through the Peace Corps rounds also. Definitely have a regret that I didn't do it.
Jill said…
Chewing tobacco? Eww. I'm glad you don't do that anymore, too! Love the list and learning about blogger; you've done some great things! Yay for Friday, have a great weekend!!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Chewing tobacco, really? I would of never guessed that one but I am glad that you gave it up:) The Peace Corps sounds like a wonderful life experience. There are so many things that I would of done if I didn't have my first two kids so young. I had my youngest at 36....so glad that I did. I didn't want to be 40 something and regret not having a third. If you would have another one, your twins are still young enough where there would not be a huge age gap. My middle child and baby are 10 plus years apart:)

I hope that you have a great weekend!
I had to re read everything because #6 threw me for a loop.

#4 is the same with me as well
Caratunk Girl said…
Too funny on #6 - I chewed too!!! Not for long, but I did. Great list!!! #3 is awesome! I will get my list up this weekend! :)
Molly said…
omg, I did chew a few times in high school with some of my male friends. YIKES!
Unknown said…
I was so surprised by number 6! I've never done that but I did smoke when I was 16-22ish, so glad I chucked that habit! It smells so horrible to me now!
Unknown said…
too funny about the chew! I smoked for years and years. Also glad that is behind me!
Great list. I thought I tagged you too...I can't remember though now.
Nice to know more about you!
KovasP said…
My wife and I went scubadiving in the Bay Islands of Honduras (Guanaja) - what a beautiful place to go on our honeymoon!
LMC said…
Love to learn more about you! I love #3 and about #6, I think we've all done some crazy stuff that we can't imagine doing now that we are wiser, and yes, older.:) Thanks for sharing!
ShutUpandRun said…
Thanks for the tag!!!
Tricia said…
enjoyed learning more about you

hope youre having a GREAT weekend!
Aimee said…
Great list! Thanks for sharing stuff with us! :)
I applied for the Peace Corps, too! But life had other plans.

I told someone recently that I think I've got a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder, too. She thought I was crazy, living in California and all. But I seriously have a hard time getting through the winters and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I work in a windowless office and sometimes go days without seeing more than a few minutes of sunlight.
Unknown said…
I'm with you on the whole SAD thing..I can't train unless it's sunny..well mostly sunny..LOL

Popular Posts