Five Friday Footnotes- Punn Intended!

1. Notice something different about the pic above? There's me in my bike top/skirt...and guess what else I'm wearing? Actually wearing and using...its my RUNNING SHOES! I'm celebrating from my second ~45 min run off the bike this past week, and I'm just so happy to be running again.

2. Sport tape from the podiatrist's office is the bomb. I think I need to do a separate post on how to tape the foot. 

3. A lot of you asked if the heel spur goes away, and... it doesn't.  It's here to stay unless I have it surgically shaved off. Which isn't on the radar for me at the moment. What made the heel spur a problem is when tiny fractions of the bone calcium broke off from too much stress and it causes pain.

4. I do think I'm more of a 80/20 gal when it comes to working with a trainer (80 knowledge/20 nurturing). But this last mo w/the heel uncertainty kicked it up to 75/25...and I was getting seriously ~98/2. It was hard.

5. I just wanna say thank you for taking the time to read this here blog. I just downright appreciate it. The bloggy world has broadened my triathlon (and frankly life) journey tenfold. thank u!


Those are my notes. Happy Friday Friends and looking forward to all your race recaps this wknd!

Comments

ShutUpandRun said…
Yay for running again. That must feel SO good.
Lisa said…
Super cute picture! Glad you're running again. Hopefully I will be too, soon!

Have a great weekend!!
sarah said…
You're one of the first people I've seen to really look sporty and GOOD in a running skirt. The shoes, of course, make the look.
Jill said…
So glad you got to run! That is great news. Thanks for the explenation of the heel spur...still can't believe it.

Love reading your blog!
Velma said…
No - thank you. Glad you are back on the road!!
Jennifer said…
So happy to hear you are back on the run. Keep playing nice with that bone spur and maybe you
ll get a nice long reprieve. Cheers!
*~*~* Tracy said…
Great picture! I'm so glad to hear you're running again!
Yay, so happy things are moving in the right direction. And I agree, I'd avoid surgery!
justme said…
love your blog....

however now i can't stop visioning shaving a heel spur and it is grossing me out
Unknown said…
Gorgeous picture :-)

Halloumi is a cypriot cheese made out of goats and sheeps milk, I'm not sure why but you can cook it without it melting!
Caratunk Girl said…
YEAH for running again! That picture of your x-ray still makes me shudder. Avoid surgery if you can - good call!
Maggs said…
I love the footnote :-) So glad you're running again!
MCM Mama said…
Glad to hear you are back running! I so wish I could rock a running skirt...
Molly said…
hooray for running again! You just gave me flashbacks to all the tape I bought to deal with my PF, but I agree, it helps!!!
Anonymous said…
Chevere, Baby! ;)
Seriously loving your coordinating outfit and shoes! Glad you are running again and yes a post of how to tape the foot would be awesome!
Unknown said…
I'm SO happy you're running and your skirt is CUTE! SF half is on the 25th of July, a week after Vineman. I DO want to meet you, let's see what we can do! How is the Vineman training going? I'm struggling with swimming, I need your inspiration!!!
Ya estamos en vacaciones, yipiiiiiiiiiiii !!
Unknown said…
Yay for running!! Congrats and have fun :)
Unknown said…
Glad to see you running!!
Anne said…
So glad there's a way around this heel spur...gorgeous pic, you look great as usual! :)
Christina said…
You look happy in that picture!
So glad you're running!! And I love taping my patients b/c they love it and they can run!!!!! yay for you!!!
JC said…
yeah to being able to run again! I can't believe that they NEVER go away and I keep picturing like a mini high heal on the inside of your foot! Love the run outfit too - so cute!
Sherri said…
Love your picture!
I am so glad your running again!
RunToTheFinish said…
I tried the sport tape and it totally fell off, so I think I just stunk at putting it on!

I've been having heel pain and luckily the rolling of an ice ball on my foot is reallllly helping. Hoping is a bruise and not a spur!

Popular Posts