GRTW 18: Workin' On 2 Brain Cells...

The crazy light affect of this Relay's ~10pm run is a good visual of my current state mind. I've got hardly any brain cells workin' as I'm coming off the Relay this weekend. I'll definitely have a post, but here's a pic of Runner #4 waiting for Runner #3 of our van. I didn't get home til' Sunday nite, so haven't had a moment (or brain cells)  to think about my week and goals til now.

And my legs were SORE this morning (what did I expect from running or sitting in a van for 24 hrs?) But surprisingly a ~15 min jog and ~45 min swim this morning made me feel much better all around. I'm thinking a lil' more clearly now too.

So speaking of thinking more clearly, here are my Goals for the Week:

Mom: Let the kids help at least 3 times this week with either dinner, making their lunches, or baking a dessert.

Health: Get to bed by 10pm during the week (I'm still working on the calories in/out, intakes too)


Wife: Plan a date nite, or a social nite out


Personal Growth: Catch myself smiling (it helped this morning when I was zonked out)


As always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I plan my day. Now tell me, what goals do YOU have this week?

Comments

Great goals! I like the one of letting the kids help 3 times.....sometimes its ework for us moms to let them help but its a great learning experience for them and great bonding time.
My goal this week is to get through the week and get everything that needs to get done, done. Its a short week since we are going out of town on friday for a Mothers Day weekend.
misszippy said…
You must be exhausted! That would take it out of a person for sure. My friends and I were just talking this weekend about how we want to run a relay like Hood to Coast or Reach the Beach sometime soon. I'll make sure to pick your brain on what works/what doesn't in these situations!
Steel Springs said…
The relay sounds exhausting, but fun. Great goals for this week!
Anne said…
Sounds like a fun, but exhausting weekend!
Good for you for taking the time to write your goals, despite the lack of brain cells :) ...love the mom goal this week.
ShutUpandRun said…
Rest up and not stress about my race. Remember why I love to run. No wine. Or whine.
Jill said…
Those relays are amazing, can't wait to hear your report. I love your goal to catch yourself smiling :)
Aimee said…
I can only imagine how tired you must be! I can't wait to hear all about the relay race! Great goals for the week! :)
Lindsay said…
Sound fun but exhausting! Great goals for this week good luck with them :)
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
I think it would be so fun to do a relay...it is on my list of things to do:) It sounds like you are a little sore and tired but totally worth it, right? I will be waiting for that race report:)

I let my little guy help me make dinner last night and he had a blast! I would also like to get back into doing a date night...that sort of feel off to the way side because of my crazy racing schedule:) Have a great day Anne Marie!
Lisa said…
These sound like great goals! Can't wait to read your relay recap. Hope you had a great time!
WOW, congrats!!! Take some well deserved time to recovery now.
Charisa said…
Smiling is the best! that relay looks like it was fun!
Can't wait for the race report. I am on a team for a relay in August from Spokane, WA to Sandpoint, ID (185 miles) My first one, and I am excited.
Keep smilin'!!!!
Megan said…
I guess you'll tell us in your relay post but you ran 25miles over two days? I would guess the running then resting and then running again would be tougher than running the 25 straight.
Tracey Kite said…
Relays are so much fun but they sure do wear you out. I can never sleep in the van and so am up for the whole thing. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Unknown said…
Can't wait to hear more about the relay! Sounds loads of fun :-)
Melissa said…
I really need to get onto your weekly goals bandwagon. I'm thinking that next week will be the week. :) I will sit down on Sunday and plan these.
Unknown said…
I always wonder what happens to my brain the day or week after a race. I'm never quite right! I love your "mom" goals this week and your wife one too...such a priority being a wife, right?! Your relay sounded like fun, can't wait to hear more!
Sherri said…
I have always wondered if the whole 24 hour relay was super fun or super crazy?
I always love your goals..your a great mom and wife....I am all for the date night...it's even better than a social night out!
As for smiling, I can't imagine you not smiling!

Popular Posts