GFTW 21: New Nutrition and Training Cycle! Bring it On!

Hi all! I've missed writing this week, but things in your daily life take a bit longer when you're trying to maximize tending to an injury. Plus, I worked a bit more, and didn't have my usual kid coverage. details, details. 

Anyhoots, I'm really excited about this week for a few reasons. First, I can tell the heel is 'heel'-ing (just had to use that one). Second, I have my new training cycle which is my second to last til' Vineman. And lastly, I start my new nutrition plan with my former nutritionist that I've mentioned here before. So a lot of good stuff to be implemented.
But with all this good stuff, it's taking some serious planning. 

Which brings me to my Goals for the Week:


Mom: Firm up summer plans for my kids. It's their last week of pre-school, and I have a few summer camp/friend and sport programs/teenager babysitting options to figure out.


Health: Implement my new nutrition daily intakes! I'll do this by making sure I plan out food to buy for week (check), and plan snack/meals the nite before. Additionally check in w/Tabitha (nutritionist) daily to give her feedback...(this is gonna be a BIG goal for me). I also plan to post some of the recipes, snacks, etc this week fyi;-)


Athlete: Do my corework part of my training. I always let this part of my program slack. But I'm not doing any more strength training til Vineman, so I want to make my corework it's replacement as far as priority.

Friend: Finally make it to a gal's wine club nite. I have yet to make one (sickness, kid's sick, early morning training, etc) so I have it marked down in the family calendar. it's a go! 


Personal Growth: Wear one thing each day that makes me feel sassy! I've been having wardrobe depression (it may be from limping around in my Newtons w/gel inserts each day), so I just gutted out the winter wear in my closet, and put in some of my summer stuff. I wanna feel sassy each day.

That's it for me over here. I posted the pic from my first 3hr bike ride on Sat, bc I actually looked pretty good considering. This whole heel thing has made me focus on biking and swimming and it's kinda turning out to be a blessing. more on that later. Right now, I wanna know... what do YOU have going on for this week?

Comments

Jill said…
Hahah, I love the "sassy" wardrobe :).
Once again, I'm inspired to be a better person this week by reading your goals. I actually have made some initial steps towards figuring out what my nutrition ratios are and tracking them. When I get the funds together, I am for sure contacting your coach, thank you so much for her addy. I wish we lived closer, my daughter needs a babysitting job and has experience with twins :). Good luck with your goals this week, please post a sassy outfit this week ;). HUGS!
Maggs said…
oh, wardrobe depression. I hear ya on that. Good thing I got an Athleta catalog in the mail today ;-)
Sherri said…
Your a great example of Doing It All with kids in tow!
Marci said…
That pic post 3hr ride so looks great!
Unknown said…
I love the sassy idea!
Can't wait to read some recipes and see what you are doing with your diet!
Summers are hard on us parents, great weather but what to do with the kids... :)
misszippy said…
So glad your heel is getting better! That's great. I'm also doing the exact thing you are with the "mom" goals this week. I've gotta get my summer in order. And a girls wine night sounds perfect to me too!
LMC said…
Go ahead, be sassy, I bet you'll do it well and in a great outfit! :)
This week, I'm taking time off work to be with Mom. I'm also making up for a slack week last week (spent time with Mom instead of running) and preparing to start some serious training next week.
Can't wait to read about some of your recipes. Good luck with your goals this week and have fun on wine club nite!
Jennifer said…
Sassy is classy! I hear ya on the core work, my most dreaded part of any routine! Cheers!
I hope your healing well, I just joined the achilles heel walking wounded club today.
Megan said…
Feeling sassy is very important. MAybe paint your toenails a fun color too. Even if your the only person who will see them. There's something about brightly painted piggies that cheers me up.
Unknown said…
I'm looking forward to hearing about your nutrition and snacks, I always intend to post more food on my blog but it always seems to get forgotten!
justme said…
i love how you have teh goals by parts of life, i need to do that, it makes so much sense
Yay for the heel! So happy for you! Love your goals. I'd be interested in your nutrition plan. I just started reading Paleo diet for athletes, v interesting and based on research! I will most certainly not follow it fully (I love my bagels too much), but I'll incorporate some elements of it.
Okay I love your weeks goal of looking sassy....you go girl!
I've been out of town and not running and completely off my schedule. So my goal thsi week is to get back on the schedule and running!
Anne said…
It's definitely time to get the sassy summer clothes out!
Glad your heel is doing better...and you look awesome after 3 hours on the bike :)
Sounds like an awesome week. You might inspire me to actually set some goals one of these days!
Lindsay said…
LOVE love love the sassy idea! Great goal for the week!!! Glad you heal is "heel""ing :)
Anonymous said…
Hi! I'm a dietitian, 13-year runner, and mom. Great ideas to plan your snacks and meals ahead of time. And I TOTALLY agree with wearing one sassy thing each day! I'm a WAHM about to become a SAHM and I don't want to fall into that t-shirt and elastic waste band pants type of dressing every day. I look forward to seeing the recipes!!
sounds like somebody needs a shopping trip!!! glad you PF seems to be getting better :)
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
First of all, I love the picture of you in your helmet...you look great:)

I could be using all of your goals as my own. I need to start watching my nutrition a little closer and I for sure need to step up my core workouts! Cheers for feeling sassy every now and then:) Have a great day Anne Marie!
Teamarcia said…
Yay for the heeling!
I too need to finalize kiddo summer plans...just so darn busy this week!
I will live vicariously through you and your nutritionist...can't wait for tips/recipes and whatever else you can share!
Wow a 3-hr ride you GO!
Unknown said…
I get the whole sassy thing, I try to wear one thing that makes me smile and lately, it's been something yellow or the new flower necklace my bff gave me for my bd. Our DLI school is Capri Elementary. We have two K classes and our first 6th grade DLI class is graduating this year! I've been in the dual language program for 5 years and I love it!!! I'm sure you're excited to have your kids in the program! My old student teacher is up your way, her name is Janice but her last name has changed...she's in a DLI school near Santa Cruz. Small world!
Abrazos!
JC said…
I like that "wear one thing that makes you feel sassy"! Nice! Love that the kiddos are helping with the meals too! I get my little guy to help out and you can just tell how important he feels when he does.
Have a great week.

Popular Posts