Specials To Share Saturday

I meant to write this post as Few Fri Favs yesterday, but as ya'll can relate, life got in the way, so I'm doing it today. Just wanted to highlight a few specials that happened along the way this week:

1. I'm really being diligent about filling out my training feedback. You might say, I'm being overly informative- hence the pic above wearing BOTH my Garmin and HR monitor on my runs this week. It's lookin' a lil' ridiculous but I'm committed man. And it actually wasn't uncomfortable!

2. Reading all your comments on how both how you write/organize your training. Very interesting to read as there are so many methods. I feel like I got a new slice of bloggy life from learning about all your ways! 

3. The Chia Seeds! Again, I'm going to dedicate a post to the topic, but I am diggin' them way more than I thought. Huh? And again, your comments on how to even eat them was helpful.

4. Running With Snakes post. I don't know if I read it at the right time in my life, but it was a lil' gem of a read I wanted to share.

5. And lastly, I'm excited for all you out there racing this weekend! Woo-hoo! It's many peeps first race of the season and I'm lookin' forward to hearing how all your races go!

Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

Jill said…
Yay for being dedicated to updating your training feedback :)!!! I need to get my hands on some Chia seeds, they were out at the Whole Foods when I was there last and then kinda forgot about 'em. Happy Saturday, AM! I am sooo behind in blog world....again.
Unknown said…
I love your dedication and am glad you are enjoying the chia seeds!
Have a great weekend!
I've never tried the Chia Seeds, never heard of them. What's the deal with them? Pretty soon I'll be sporting 2 watches too, as I get into the triathlon training after Boston!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
You are going to have to post a recipe for the shakes with the chia seeds:) I will have to give them a go and see what I think!

LOL: I read your comment about my boobs:) Yea, have you ever heard of a padded sport bra? Danskin makes one and I think I paid ten bucks for each one. I don't have boobs either...they are slowly shrinking the more I run:( I just refuse to wear one of those sport bras that flatten me down to pancakes! I can't do it!! Anyway, just wanted you to know...Julie has no boobs:) I might have to post on this topic! Have a good one Anne Marie!
Unknown said…
I love getting all the stats from a run or from training, as you might have guessed from my blog since I write it all there, it's really helpful to know.
Unknown said…
ehhh, I just wrote you a comment but the computer deleted it :-( silly laptop!

I love keeping track of all my stats, especially from runs, I find it really interesting to see the progress and it helps to understand why one run felt harder to look at the HR readings and stuff like that :-)
Unknown said…
Oh and now it's there... I'm clearly having a dizzy day! Sorry :s
Maggs said…
I love chia seeds. I usually eat a spoonful right before bed. Helps my stomach stay full longer into the night.
Caratunk Girl said…
I would like to know more about Chia seeds too..ha at first I was thinking Chia pet...I sported two watches for a while, I know how it is!
justme said…
chia seeds, hubby is on a big kick about these and trying to find them
Anne said…
Good job getting everything logged and accounted for :) ...you're so good at that!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Megan said…
That's hilarious that you wear both HR monitor & GPS. That's something I would do.
teacherwoman said…
I have yet to try Chai seeds! Better get on that!

Happy weekend, girl!
LMC said…
Good job getting your training feedback done! This post is full of useful stuff. I visited running (with snakes). You are so right, what a gem! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend.
Lisa said…
Thanks for the follow on my blog. Good luck to you with the lottery for the Nike marathon.
Your Garmin 305 has a HRM, you can program your zones, and even program it to beep if you want to stay in a certain zone.

Popular Posts