The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly


Hi! It's Friday, and I'm coming off two more labor/emotional posts, so figured I'd end the week with some fun fluff. I was graciously awarded the Cutest Blogger Award from Dare to Tri ,and as luck would have it, I received it b4, so have already given my Facts About Me. Well, heck! Let's do it again. But this time, I'll list 3 things on the Good, Bad, and Ugly that's happened in the last 24 hrs...(I'm allowed to modify it right?)

The Ugly
Let's just get it over with. Here it is above. That's what I'm looking like at this moment post swim. I was hoping my smile would make me look a bit better, but no. I just bolted outta the pool looking like a hot mess. And don't ya like the goggle marks. Sah-weet.


The Bad:
I got my first official preschool call 'Hi, your son has a bad fever...he's really not himself'.  Oh, the poor dude! And I honestly wrestled in my mind on how to deal w/it. I was at work which is ~30 min away, so thought should I ask my (extremely full plate) hubby to pick him up, or see if my MIL was around? Somehow, I was able to realize in a few seconds minutes that..No AM, I'm gonna pick him up b/c THAT's what matters to me/us/and the crew. And I CAN. So I did. It's just always so hard to reach clarity when you're caught in the middle of work/mommyhood.

The Good:
These freakin' chips! I've had more Trader Joe's Organic Baked Nacho Tortilla Chips than I can handle! But seriously, they ROCK! They are sooo good (2g of fat/100 calories per serving) and (virtually) guilt free. Here's a pic of them to find in your store (and uh, no..i wasn't paid for that plug):

That's what's going on over here. What's Good, Bad and Ugly going on in your world? Would love to hear it! I'm off to brush my hair (and probably steal a handful of chips on the way...)

Comments

At least the google eyes go away, I went riding on Sunday and it was sunny, now I have a raccoon eyes and a line where my helmet sat because of the sun
Teamarcia said…
Aw I still think you're beauteous! Hope little guy's fever subsides soon. And don't even get me started on TJ's deliciousness!
Have a great weekend!
Aimee said…
Love the goggle marks...ha ha! I'm sorry about your little guy. It's so hard when your kiddos are sick. I hope he feels better soon!

Let's see:
The good: I started my first week of my HIM training and so far so good.
The bad: It's raining like crazy and will be all weekend, so I won't be able to get out for a ride. :(
The ugly: My toenail is getting blacker every day...gross!
Marny said…
I think you look cute!
the good: Going to start CrossFit again today
the bad: it's cold and rainy, and I have to babysit 3 kids tonight
the ugly: I think I have Post-Ultra Depression and I'm gaining weight at a rapid weight! Nooooo!
misszippy said…
Lemme tell you--you look waaay better than I do post-swim! Good: Off to do RRCA coach's training this weekend; will see Tonia of Racing With Babes there! Bad: Gonna miss my kids/hubby on what will be a very active weekend for them. Ugly: The drive to the training--3 1/2 hrs. if traffic works in my favor. Have a great weekend!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Sorry to hear about your little man:( Hopefully he will be back to himself soon!

I must try those freaking chips:) I love Trader Joes and am always willing to try something new from there!

Have a nice weekend!
Caratunk Girl said…
Hope your little guy feels better. You look loads better than I do when I come out of the pool, btw!
ShutUpandRun said…
We have no Trader Joe's here, which is a crime. All I can say if that is as ugly as you get, that's pretty amazing. I am much uglier especially after swimming. Where are your racoon goggle eyes? Hope the little one is feeling better soon. OH, I looked again and I can kinda see the goggle marks, so you're off the hook on that one.
Maggs said…
I wish we had TJs in Hawaii. Those are just one more thing to add to my list of things to try when I get near one.
Sherri said…
No Trader Joe's here either...bummer! When I lived in AZ...I loved that store!
Your post run picture is adorable....I am down right SCARY right out of the pool!
It is so hard to juggle family and work...especially when the little ones are sick. This is my first year home...so now when they call...I'm right there!

I'm having such an off week...I better just mention the GOOD...I'm taking my 6 yr old daughter bowling...just me and her (and a friend and her mom)!
Anne said…
You're still looking good :)
Hope the little one feels better soon.

Good: Lunch with a girlfriend yesterday, another one today and a massage :)
Bad: Tired all week...made the runs more difficult.
Ugly: Gained 7 prednisone pounds in a month!
Hope your little guy is better soon!

Good: Picked up my first bib number today and got our granite countertops installed this morning...woohoo
Bad: Didn't make it to the gym today, just too busy
No Ugly today ;)
LMC said…
You have a great smile! I didn't even notice the goggle eyes. Sorry your son is sick. Hope he gets better soon! Have a good weekend!!
Lindsay said…
Hey I'm new to your blog and new to the blog world. Lemme think um the good- I'm a newbie runner!!! The bad yucky cold weather and rain I don't wanna try out my new shoes in the rain!! The ugly the fact that I never got ready for the day today!!! AWWW Happy Friday :)
MCM Mama said…
You look great in the picture. I hope your little guy feels better quickly.
Good: I'm in taper for the marathon so I can run shorter.
Bad: I'm in taper for the marathon so I need to watch what I eat.
Ugly: I'm PMSing, which means I'm dead on for a visitor for my marathon. Is that TMI? LOL
Unknown said…
I am racing to Trader Joe's shortly and these chips are at the top of my list. I love anything with cheese. Cute picture, you have the best smile and a certain radiance...it must me your goals and outlook on life!!
teacherwoman said…
Umm, those chips look so good! One of my favorite snacks is chips and salsa! Boy do I wish we had a TJ's here!
Unknown said…
If I looked like that after any exercise I'd be happy! Hope you're son is feeling better now :)
XTB-XAVI said…
...you are doing great!! Take care of your son the most important thing!!

Cheers from Hong Kong!


"XTB"Xavi...I have anjoyed a wonderful family weekend with my kids after full last week in Tokyo!
Wendy said…
Hope your boy feels better soon!

Popular Posts