Goals for the Week 15: From One Extreme to the Other

I wanted to title the post 'I Can't Freakin' Wait for Boston!' and then remembered I'm not actually running the thing (nor have I even ever ran a marathon for that matter!). But I'm just getting so caught up in everyone's journey coming up next weekend! Can't wait!

I can't post a pic of my current scene (the internet is MUY slow here), but I'm now up in Winter Wonderland Tahoe area for a few days, and it's fun to go from one extreme (ez breezy Hawaii) to the other in a 2 week period. I feel so, so, International...well, okay, maybe National, and only west of The Rockies. But it's memorable right?

And speaking of memorable, this is the first time the kids have seen snow. And we're with my mom and sister, so my focus is to appreciate my family and make some memories. So without further adieu here are my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: Keep filling in my feedback form dang it. I've actually learned a lot this week from doing it more diligently. Also while up here, I searched out the local pool to lap swim (I feel so responsible!). Let's just see what this altitude does for me!

Mom: Take in the snow and Tahoe through my kids' eyes

Daughter/Sister: Be present with each of them and tell them one thing I really appreciate about them while I'm here

Personal Growth: Revisit my Big Sparkle Notebook with my Long term goals. I figured a cabin up in the snow was a good place to do so eh?

Health: Be mindful of the snacking. Have a one gluttonous snack each day, and then call it quits!

As always, I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I plan my day. Would love to know how your week looks, and am SO looking forward to reading all your race posts and days leading up to the BIG B! 
 

Comments

Tracey Kite said…
Wow from Hawaii to Snow that is something. I must tell you though I don’t even want to hear about snow anymore. I am on pins and needles hoping that we are done with it and just can't get enough sunshine. I do think it is great that the kids get to see it and I am sure you all with have a blast, just keep it over there okay :)
Maggs said…
I'm a little jealous of you in Tahoe. I love that place. Have fun!
Jill said…
You are more than welcome to run Boston FOR me :)!!

Wow, from beach to snow in a matter of a few days - lucky you! I love Lake tahoe, what a gorgeous place. I'd love to do that marathon one day, it's challening but just enough so that I'd like it!! But I'm glad I'm not there with the snow, more than enough for me (for like 4 years really...I wish!!). I love your snacking goal...I'm going to do that when I get back so that I don't get out of control like I was. Have a great week, AM!!!! Hugs!!
Unknown said…
I have always wanted to go to Tahoe! In the summer though. I am through with snow for a while :)
It will be so fun to experience that with your kiddos! Have a great time and thanks for the inspiration!
I think I will write down some goals for the week too.
Unknown said…
I'm getting excited for Boston too, I didn't even know what it was a year ago! I can't wait to read all the race recaps :-)

Enjoy Tahoe, I bet your kids are loving all the snow!
Unknown said…
I'm getting excited for Boston too, I didn't even know what it was a year ago! I can't wait to read all the race recaps :-)

Enjoy Tahoe, I bet your kids are loving all the snow!
Maggs said…
Oh, and you so could qualify and run Boston if you wanted too.
Teamarcia said…
So you're a jetsetter these days too! Hope the kids enjoy the snow!
Don't even let me start about Boston.
I just got a notebook, finding myself away from the computer too long with the better weahter, but wanted to write down my ideas or what is happening, so I dont forget.
Sherri said…
I wish I could go watch Boston!
It is fun to be following so many people who are racing it! My husband travels back there...often....I could just go with him and cheer them all on!
I hope you have a great vacation!
I love all your goals..they inspire me...I read them and then say, "ditto!"
Anne said…
Great goals! Have a great time in Tahoe...you definitely make the jetset list this month ;)
JC said…
ah a cabin in the mountains sounds so wonderful and cozy! Enjoy! You CAN totally get Boston and then we can read about your journey and be excited for you when it's your turn!
Lisa said…
I like your goals, especially the one about snacking. Having just started to track my calories I can see that they add up quickly and snacking is my downfall, darn peanut butter filled pretzels :) Have fun in Tahoe.
Tahoe is lovely. From sun to snow! Wow! Have a great week with your kids, Mom and Sister. I am sure you will be making some awesome memories.
Ewa said…
Boston is one special marathon. I haven't run it but when we went to visit (we actually used to live in Hopkinton where the race starts) last summer I ran part of the marathon route though at that time I was focusing on trail running only. Pounding Boston Marathon pavement felt very special.
Love Tahoe. We ski there every year. I am hoping to do part of the rim trail this year.
Megan said…
I cant believe you're playing in the snow. I forget it's not in 70s everywhere.
Aimee said…
Enjoy Tahoe and the snow! I'm sure your kids are loving it! :)
Melissa said…
Enjoy the snow. Sounds like a fantastic week ahead.
LMC said…
Enjoy Tahoe and the time with your mom, sis and the kids in the snow! (To answer your question on my last post, inflamation around shins led to 2 weeks off, OK now. thx!)
Julie said…
What,now you are going to Tahoe? You lucky girl:) Have fun and take lots of pictures to post in your blog!!
Unknown said…
I love Tahoe but I've never run there! You're going to have so much fun! Enjoy. Oh, please share more on your sparkle book, it sounds like fun!
RunToTheFinish said…
I really want to enjoy the Boston journey too, maybe we'll both get lucky in 2010...or 2020 for me

Popular Posts