Few Friday Fav's- or something like that

Happy Friday! I wanted to end the week on a fun note (uh, don't we all?). So here's a few favorites that are on my mind this week:

1. Yesterday, I had my first outdoor (in aerobars) 2hr bike/45 min run off the bike workout of the year. I've been talking how I need to amp up my nutrition and calories to match my training, and I think I was fueled well today. And I found a perfect road where I didn't have to worry about my bike skills or getting smacked by a car. The pic above is the view from my ride (I know, don't hate me). Here's another view of the road:
2. I'm doing The Relay this weekend as a member of Team Athleta and I don't know what to expect! I've never done a 200 mile relay race. All I know is I have to bring 3 sets of running clothes, and we all hunker down in a van and tag team run from Calistoga to Santa Cruz on Sat/Sun. Should be interesting. They tell me Dean Karnazes does The Relay too...solo. of course he does. I'll let you know how it goes;-)

3. Want to say woo-hoo to the follower people I stalk posse accumulating! I put the gadget on my blog at the end of January and was so nervous to do so because, well.. because what if no one followed the dang thing. I did it anyway, and glad I did b/c it's been a key way to *meet* cool blogger peeps.  And now it's at 100. I wouldn't have imagined that a few mo's ago.

4. Which leads to the Comments. I love, love, love reading everyone's comments! Thank you for taking the time to read and write. I always learn something new, and I love the sense of community it brings. Plus, they make me smile, snort, fart (said that for Shut up and Run),etc.

5. Tomorrow is May Day. And I hope to (finally) buy that dirt and plant some flowers in the half barrel w/the kidz.


That's it for me. Now how about you? What are a few favorite things that happened to you or on your mind this week?

Comments

Caratunk Girl said…
SWEET brick - good first one of the season. SO funny you said that about Followers (love that it is "People I stalk" - I almost didn't put it up there back in Jan because I thought the same thing you did. And comments are my favorite part of blogging I think! It is so awesome to get feedback from folks, laugh, get support. So far the highlight of my week was seeing Maya Angelou speak. I haven't figured out how to work that into my blog yet though...
Laura said…
Your last comment made me laugh! I think that we all go through our crabby times....and yeah the why stage is ever so super fun isn't it!? All I can say is thank goodness for my husbands little break from school...I feel ever so relaxed already, and it's just day 1!!!!
Ewa said…
Can't wait for the relay report. I am sure Dean Karnazes will not only run the whole thing but he will beat all/most of the teams.
What a sweet 'private' bike road you have there. I am quite envious.
Have a wonderful weekend. It is supposed to be a warm one.
Aron said…
i will be out there for the relay too!!!! we are team "thats what she said" so keep an eye out :) have a great time!!
Jill said…
you're going to have a blast on the relay, I do one in August here in mountains of Colorado and it is soooo fun! My friend I ran Boston with (onerunatatime.blogspot) is running it too, so look for her :). What a beautiful road you ran on! Run strong this weekend, will be thinking of you!!!
Teamarcia said…
Who doesn't do a relay by themselves? Oh, right I don't. sniff.
Have a blast out there Athleta queen! I was drooling over their catalog again last night.
I've got lots of gear to review. That's exciting right?
Teamarcia said…
Oh and I've got aerobars on Blance my trusty road bike but they still scare the crap out of me.
Aimee said…
Awesome job on the brick! I'm supposed to do my first one tomorrow, but there's rain in the forecast, so I don't know what to do. Blah!

Good luck with the relay race. I've heard that they are a lot of fun! I can't wait to hear all about it!
teacherwoman said…
I love comments too! They just make me smile every time I notice new ones!

One thing that made me smile this week was when two students complimented me on how I looked yesterday! It was so cute, and nice! The flowers I got sent to work on Tuesday from the boy were nice too. :)
misszippy said…
Can't wait to hear about the relay. I've always wanted to do one like that. And your location for it should be gorgeous. Have fun!
Unknown said…
That bike route looks lovely! Take lots of photos on the relay! Congrats on 100 followers although its more now!
Julie said…
God, I can't wait to go to wine country:) Have a great time with your relay this weekend! You better take lots of pictures...please:) Good luck and have fun! Also, congrats on 101!!!
Sherri said…
I love relays! I cant wait to hear about yours!
YIPPEE to 100! That is awesome!
Comments make me happy all day and the next and the next!
Beth said…
Great job with your brick workout. Those are the hardest! Good luck at your relay this weekend and have fun!
Anne said…
Great job on your training and have a blast doing the relay! 101 is very cool :)

One great thing I did today is run with my friend and then we spent the afternoon at a spa :)
Lindsay said…
Awesome I am excited to hear about your relay!!! Good Luck!!!
Unknown said…
That relay sounds loads of fun! I can't wait to hear more about it :-) I'd love to do something like that one day!
Steel Springs said…
Great workout! That looks like a beautiful route. Enjoy the relay!
Lisa said…
Can't wait to hear about the relay! I've wanted to do one as well, but something always seems to get in the way! Hope you had tons of fun!
Badgergirl said…
Can't wait to hear how The Relay went! My friend who I was visiting a few weeks ago was doing it as well! Hope it was fun!
- Got to love old country roads, you can ride for hours and see maybe a handful of cars

- I hope the relay went well, 200 miles on foot is crazy!!! I am impressed
Anonymous said…
Wine country everywhere you look, picture postcards left, right, and center . . . I covet, I covet!

You are kicking butt, girl! Come over to my blog, will you? I have a little something for you . . . ;)
Those pictures are gorgeous!

Sounds like some very good things to be happy about. I hope your weekend was good to you and that this week is even better.
Tracey Kite said…
Love the pictures, looks like a great place to ride.
The Relay sounds alot like the Ragnar, I know that was a ton of fun. Can't wait to hear how it went!

Popular Posts