Hawaii Part 2: Bloggy World Meet Ups

Aloha! First, thank you so much for all your Kick @$$ comments on my last post. The race is tomorrow and I'm (pretty much) ready to roll. I just got back from pre race meeting, and I'm off to bed after this post and dinner. I'm set.

And wanted to share a few cool bloggy meet ups. First, I met up w/fellow bloggy gal Maggs from Sun Safety Barbie yesterday (above). It's my first Bloggy connection in the real world (I'm blushing!) and as I've said before, she is the real deal in the tri world and will win our age group (again) and prob be first female overall...yeah I hate her;-).

Second, I wore my blog header 'Dare to Dream' shirt today/tonite at the pre race mtg, just as a tribute for myself and being back here one year later:
And funny thing I did, because I had my first "Hey! I know you... I just started following your blog!' encounter! Wuh??? Me? How cool is that? I felt so, so...famous!';-) It's almost like I don't even need to race tomorrow now...almost.  Here's a pic of my first real life 'Hey I know YOU' encounter. Here name is Jodi and she has a blog too:

I just love how the bloggy world can connect us with so many different cool and interesting people. So tomorrow am, as I'm looking out at the ocean b4 I start the swim and race, trust me, all your energy will be with me. Thank you so much. I'm off!

Comments

Maggs said…
Oh my gosh, we do look a lot alike in those suits and hats! How cool someone recognized you from your shirt! Good luck tomorrow!
JBM said…
such a fun thing! Can't wait to stalk more people tomorrow at the race! great meeting you and good luck tomorrow!
Unknown said…
Wow that's so cool you got recognised from your blog! Good luck tomorrow! You will rock it, I can't wait to hear about it :)
Jen said…
Super cool! Praying for you today!!!
LMC said…
Sending some more last minute good luck and positive vibes your way! You're ready, go for it!!
Julie said…
Good luck Anne Marie!! You are going to do great:) Remember to have fun and enjoy this experience:) I can't wait to hear all about it!!
misszippy said…
Very cool to meet someone from bloggyland for real! Best of luck at the race!!
Unknown said…
Fun meet-ups! I can't wait to hear about your race!! Good luck.
Teamarcia said…
I thought of you out there in all your Lavaman splendor today as I slogged thru my 20 miler. Can't wait to hear all about it. So cool you are famous!!!
SurferWife said…
You are racing RIGHT NOW. Think about you.... You will do epic, I know it.

And you are super famous!! Have fun is that? We can for sure hang now, and talk about how fame has changed out lives. ;)
Anonymous said…
GoodLuckGoodLuckGoodLuck!!!!!

This is such an awesome thing you're doing, Anne Marie! Please keep on having a blast, as I am totally living vicariously through you. ;)
Jill said…
That's sooo cool, AM, that you met up with real bloggy world people! You're most likely done right now with your race but I sent good racing vibes to you (I gave you all mine so that I had nothing left for myself even!) so I hope it was awesome. Can't wait to hear all the details!!
good luck tomorrow... the blogging world is awesome :)
I have met 2 bloggers, one at a race and another for dinner when they were in town, its fun putting faces to names, and an excuse to talk about racing, which we dont always get to do
JC said…
You two are so cute! I am commenting AFTER the race so I hope it was fantastic! No results online :(((
I CAN'T WAIT to hear about the race!!so awesome that you met some bloggy friends!!
Born To Endure said…
Look at you..so happy...:)
Melissa said…
I can't wait for a recap. It's awesome that you met up with some bloggy friends.
Anne said…
Have a great race Anne-Marie...can't wait to read all about it!!
Sherri said…
That would be so fun to meet bloggy friends! =)
Have Fun and I can't wait to hear all the details!
Megan said…
That's really cool to be recognized.

Popular Posts