Goals for the Week 12: Ya Can Come Along!

Here's what I'm packing for the BIG trip. You all may be sayin'  'Enough already-just get on with your freakin' trip! But I thought it sweet that many of you said 'Can't ya bring us along too? Well, ya know what? I can! Ya see you all in the pic above? You're on my computer that's wedged into my suitcase. See...you're comin'! Let's go to Hawaii!

Oh, and did I mention that I'm going on a 10 day family vacation to Hawaii in 2 days? Not sure if I did... and I'm just a wee bit stoked;-) Also, had to share that I'm meeting up with fellow bloggy gal  Maggs from Sun Safety Barbie Lavaman wknd. woo-hoo! I'm thinking if you read my blog, you've read hers too. And If ya haven't, it's a MUST read. She's the real deal in the triathlon world, doing her thing in Hawaii. And I can't wait to rub elbows with her and attempt to keep up with her at Lavaman. She'll be my rabbit the ENTIRE race-except she'll never teeter off...and win the freakin' thing again.

Also, a few of you asked where I got my running skirt I sported in my last post. Well...can ya take a guess? Hmmm...it's from Athleta! It's their Chase Skort, and I LOVE it. (I'm actually thinking of a way to make it my next giveaway)

Okay, and finally before I get to my GFTW, the 5k race I did yesterday was the perfect confidence booster for my tri next weekend. I was first female overall and although it wasn't a PR, it was great to race 1wk before the tri. And that's why I got the sweet magnum and bottle of vino.

And now my Goals for the Week. They're simple and that's the way I like em' for vaca.
Athlete: Bring my Mental Design w/revised expletives. GAME ON  next Sunday!

Mom: Take in Hawaii through my children's eyes and take lots of video/pictures. 

Personal Growth: Enjoy the early morning sunrises and sunsets. Those are the best times of day in Hawaii. I find myself going to bed by 9 and waking up at 6, b/c I'm not in Hawaii for nightlife. I'm there to take it the calm beauty.

Health: Give myself the time to breathe in the air each day

That's it. Those are my goals. As always, I write these on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it morning as I plan my day. But this week, it's different. I'm on vaca. So I'll still look at my bookmark and then just BE in the day;-).
 

Comments

Unknown said…
Vacation?? JK! I hope you all have the time of your lives and live in the moment! Rest, run, swim, eat and have fun...then repeat! Happy times.
Maggs said…
I love your pile of clothes. I pack the same way! I just ordered a skort from athleta. Hope I get it before I fly out.
Unknown said…
wahhaaayy we're coming with you! hehe enjoy yourself, can't wait to see your pics :-)
sarah said…
Have a blast. Yes, I'm jealous. Kick some booty baby!
misszippy said…
First overall? You rock! And so humble about it. I think I'd be posting that in all caps!

Have an awesome trip and enjoy the race.
Miglena said…
thanks for stopping at my blog. I loved yours.. and am envious of where you live! I love Sonoma!!! Looking forward to reading more about your goals :)
Silvergirl said…
Have a great vacation! Sounds like it is going to be fantastic! I am off to order one of those cute skirts from Athleta!
ShutUpandRun said…
Enjoy what will be a wonderful trip. Nice to have some goals to keep you centered. BTW, 1st overall!!!
teacherwoman said…
Nice job on the 5K! Have an awesome time in Hawaii! :)
Aimee said…
Wow...awesome job on your race! woohoo!

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)
JC said…
Woohoo on the race!
Have the most fantastic time in Hawaii. I LOVE your goals. Kick some butt on your race and then sit your butt on the beach with your friends and family afterwords:)
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Oh - your msg to me made me a bit envious (my oven is broken so no kale chips right now so I attempted to bbq kale - FYI don't try, it turned to char!)
Julie said…
Yea baby, Hawaii!!!! Have fun!
Sherri said…
I am so excited to hear how you do!!!! I am glad you are taking us along...good idea! I need some Hawaii right now! I will be cheering you on!!!!

Congrats on the great 5K....Your Awesome!
Anne said…
1) Congrats on first!!! That's amazing!

2) Hawaii sounds soooooo exciting!

3) Can not wait to hear about your race!

4) Don't bother with the giveaway, you can just send it to me and we'll pretend you had a giveaway ;) :)
Babbs said…
I am green with envy over the vacation and the first place finish! I finally read the article about you- amazing! You rock! Have a great vacation!
Rad Runner said…
Have a WONDERFUL TIME!
Jenny Hinman said…
Have a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it. I will be thinking of you on race day!!!
LMC said…
Congratulations on that first female overall result that you barely mentioned! That's the perfect start to what will be an awesome vacation. Hope you can hear all of us back here on the mainland as we cheer you on! Enjoy!!
Megan said…
So exciting!Wow 10 days! That's a great vacation. It's nice that you're bringing your family with you. It will be nice to have them at the finish line.
AM! said…
Thanks everyone! And I can't believe it..bags are packed, kids are down and we're gearin' up for Aloha Land;-)
NY Wolve said…
That sounds so awesome! I've never been to Hawaii and always wanted to go. And I liove your goals too. Take pretty pictures o f the sunrise for us all, please.
Those are great goals.

Have an amazing time! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Have a great race! And then relax, and have fun. I do the same "down time" when we are in Costa Rica. To bed early, and up early to run and have coffee with the sunrise. I hope you have an amazing and peaceful time.
Jill said…
Your pile of clothes cracked me up! I've go mine all nicely folded and lined up by colors...until they go into the suitcase and then they are discombobulated and all over the place! Have an amazing time....I'm so envious you're going somewhere warm and FUN! Enjoy and I can't wait to hear how much fun you have, girl!!!
Have a blast in Hawaii! I love Maggs' blogs. Can't wait for Lavaman. Race hard and have fun!
Badgergirl said…
Have a blast in Hawaii!
Michelle said…
Wow, I recognize those clothes -- looks like the biggest pile of Athleta clothing I've ever seen. Have fun and good luck!

Popular Posts