GFTW 10: Gwyenth is my Best Friend

Here's a picture of my dear friend from college. Okay,...that's not really true. The truth: Here's a picture of a girl named Gwyenth who was in my Drama 5 class at UCSB. I highly doubt she'd remember me today, but back then a group of us would go for coffee after class, and she would chain smoke as we chatted. Pretty cool eh?

Well, I think that part of her life has changed a wee bit, as she exudes an uber healthy, organic lifestyle today. But we've all changed since college right? Oh, you betcha.
So I share this trivia as a tribute to all the Oscar winner actresses who create a lifestyle blog. I mean heck, why not? And while I can't much relate to Gywenth's bloggy life with it's overtones of 'Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous' while claiming to keep it real...I say why not? We all got a right to be in the bloggy world!

So in the spirit of this Oscar nite, and my brush with fame, I'm framing my goals based on her blog's themes- Make, Go, Get, Do, Be, See.

Make: (Gwyenth makes oysters w/poissons for dinner) I want to make a weekly menu that doesn't include mac and cheese for the kids-seriously.

Get: (Gwyenth gets Tod's overcoats and shoes)- I want to get a new pair of running shoes...I think I'm getting the Nike Frees this week...finally
Do: (Gwyenth does workouts with Madonna's dance trainer) I want to learn how to change my bike tire and love it. With the Lavaman tri coming up in a few weeks, it'll be helpful to feel comfortable changing my tire in case it gets slashed on a piece of lava!

Be: (Gwyenth wants to just BE with her kids) I want to be in bed by 10pm each nite so I get at least 8 hours sleep.

 
See: (Gwyenth talks about childhhod
trips to the Paris' Ritz and ordering whatever they fancied for room service) I want to see a new place with my kids this week. I'm thinking it will be a new store, park, or freeway,  it's simple but it works:)

I don't think we'll be hearing about Gwyenth's drama stint at UCSB on her blog or future Oscar speech anytime soon. But maybe she'll talk about how her 1 semester in Isla Vista as a chain smoker frequenting coffee bars made her who she is today...or maybe not. 
But I will tell you this, even back in 1991, she ROCKED it as an actress in DRAMA 5!

Caveat: I wrote this post 1 yr ago, at the beginning of my bloggy career, so I'm 99.9999 % sure no one has read this before. And I thought it was PURRFECT to resurrect for Oscar nite as I'm away glamming it up for a ladycheesefest! So I revised a bit, added my current goals for this week (it's the semi-OCD in me)...and now I'd love to hear what's on your list this week!

Comments

misszippy said…
You are uber-creative! Loved this post. How cool that you knew her when? I hope you achieve your goals this week (changing tires sucks, though, but good goal!)
Practicing changing a tire is good. Do it 3-4 times. Have you used a co2 cartiage yet to fill a tire, practice with one of those too if you havent. Its the little things we can easily over look.
wow you are kinda a big deal :) that is so cool that you know/knew her! and yuck for tire changes. it's crazy how fast you learn though when it really happens!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
I really like Gwyenth, she seems like such a down to earth person. How cool for you to have known her:) Good luck with your goals this week!! You can do it! I am so tempted to give the Nike Frees a try too! Another blogger purchased a pair and said that it felt like she was flying....that was all I needed to hear:) If you do get them, let me know what you think!! Have a great week Anne Marie!
Anne said…
Gwyneth...How cool is that!!

Sounds like you have a great week planned...myself, I just hope I can manage to avoid over-loading my schedule :)
Melissa said…
Love love love this! How freaking cool!!
Beth said…
Love this post! I can identify with all of your "goals". Great story about Gwen, too!!
Megan said…
Ok. Ive been playing around with the idea of tris or duathalons. It didn't occur to me that I might have to change a tire. This freaks me out a little. I can change a car tire better than most men but that tiny little thing. I don't know.
Such a great post! I love the way you showed her goals and yours. Who's keeping it real?
Sherri said…
Totally fun post!
I am not good at the bike...(it helps to own one)....but i love to run and swim...the reason I am afraid of venturing into biking is because to the whole tire thing...I'm thinking that's pretty silly! =0
Good luck!
Can't wait to hear your result at the tri!!!
Velma said…
Love it - you are so fancy knowing all the cool kids. I learned to change a tire this week - not glamorous, but I will take it!
NY Wolve said…
As self important as it can be, Goop is actually pretty spot on.
Aimee said…
What a fun post! That's crazy that you knew her back then!

Oh...changing tires has never been fun for me. I need to really practice more once I start actually riding outside. Having a flat tire in one on my races is one of my biggest fears! So far, it hasn't happened (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself!)

Popular Posts