From a 10k to the Red Carpet!

 
I gotta say, Sunday was a pretty perfect day. I got to wake up, drive to the city, run a 10k along the Embarcadero, hop the car, jet down to connect with my swimmer BF, and cruise down to Cambria for our annual Oscar Gal Gala getaway. And I have a picture of the 10k, but I left my phone with pic at the Gala, so don't have it right now, and I've got news to share. Shucks. So instead, here's a pic of me in my I'm for Hire Evening slip gown. And do ya notice what I'm sportin' on my wrist?? Can ya see it? Yup, that's right, my GARMIN baby! I wore it with pride!

And I did okay on my 10K. It was a PR (woo-hoo!) but I really wanted to break a 7 min/mile overall time, and I came in at 43:30, which is a ~7:01 min/mile...Big Shucks! But I'll save that story for another day. Oh, and btw, doesn't my GARMIN look HAWT;-)

But I'm actually mainly writing...because I was just told my article was just posted on the Athleta Chi blog. I would love, love for you to go on over and read 'My Story' and even comment if the mood strikes you;-) 

So that's my news I wanted to share...And now I'm gonna go catch up on all your posts right after I wash this mascara off from last nite;-)

Comments

Anne said…
You and your garmin look very hawt :)
Loved ready the story of your journey!
teacherwoman said…
I will have to check out your article! Love the garmin with the outfit! Gorgeous!
Unknown said…
zzecksy! The garmin just makes it all come together :)
Teamarcia said…
OMG sizzling hot! That carpet is on fiya! And the Garmin works in a retro sort of way!
WOOT on the 10k time you speed demon!
Megan said…
Oooh. Don't you look fancy.
Melissa said…
You look great!!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Someone is looking pretty sexy!!! You look very hot:)

Holy crap you did a 10k in 43:30!! Wow, you are super fast Anne Marie!!
Jill said…
Dang, looking good Anne Marie, looking good!! The Garmin certainly helps sport the look, too!! 43:30 for a 10K? Um, yeah, that's a dream in Jill land. Congrats on a great race and PR!! Woohooo!
Velma said…
I saw you on facebook fancy lady. Nice work!!
AM! said…
Thanks everyone for the super sweet comments and for checking out the article!
JC said…
You look like such a SUPERSTAR rocking the red carpet! Great post on Athleta Chi blog!
Badgergirl said…
Love the Garmin with the dress look! I might have to try that this weekend :)
Anonymous said…
Just okay? I'd say that's a great 10k!! Be proud!!
Maggs said…
Awesome garmin! Who knew it was a fashion accessory!
XTB-XAVI said…
Anne Marie,...how can you run so fast!! I will try as soon as I recover from my ITBS under 45' for 10K as PB...let's see if I can!

Awsome with nice dress and Garmin on your wrist! lol

Cheers from Hong Kong!

"XTB" Xavi.
The first thing I noticed was your 305 and I laughed out loud, that rocks!!!!!
misszippy said…
Wow--super fast time! Good for you. And your red carpet look is fabulous. I think they were talking about you on the fashion review shows last night!
misszippy said…
Just checked out the Athleta article--how very cool! You look great and represent the catalog perfectly.
Alicia said…
Love that you are wearing your Garmin! Too funny. And of course you look great! You always look great in all your pics!

And wow on your 10k time! I only dream to be that fast someday!
Sherri said…
I just want to say one word...okay 3!
YOUR A HOTTIE!
Love it!
I figured out from your post yesterday that we are relatively the same age...36!?
And honey..you've still got it! =)

I need to add that to my goals..."be able to strut the red carpet with rockin' arms and body!
Way to go!!!!
Sherri said…
OH yea!
GREAT TIME!
I love to race...love it! And you are a RACER!
Sherri said…
That article was amazing!!!!
I admire you and you are exactly we all need!
Aimee said…
Congrats on your race PR...that's awesome! Oh, and your Garmin looks totally hot! Ha ha!
sarah said…
Hi. I just want to say that I LOVE YOUR DRESS and your pace watch! And I want that gift cert.
On The Road... said…
Looking good! And congrats on your PR.

Popular Posts