Decisions, Decisions...

I've got a serious decision to make folks (well actually ladies) and only a few days to make it: What am I gonna wear for the Lavaman Triathlon? Yikes! Here's what I wore at my last tri back in July:
I like the outfit okay, but for a post-c-section mama of twins, I'm not especially lovin' my pouch folding over the top of my tri bottoms. The design of this outfit just isn't so flattering for the tummy area. And the top is too short, so it just accentuates the whole area. (I know my pouch isn't bad, but it FELT really weird, and I felt self conscious during the race.)

Last year for Lavaman I wore the outfit you see above on my blog header. I love my shirt;-), but I had some serious chaffed arms from the tank, and the bottoms again gave me muffin top. And I wanna look and feel cute right? So, I'm thinking of getting these tri bottoms:



I think this flat waist band looks like it will be MUCH more flattering (and comfortable) for the tummy, and I haven't seen anything else I've seen out there. But I haven't been really looking either. And this morning I realized I gotta figure the outfit out!
Oh, and I don't want to wear a whole tri-unitard outfit. I have one and I seriously look like a Roman wrestler. Not pretty at all...But if any of you are firm unitard believers, convince me!

So please fellow tri gals out there, what do you wear for a warm water and weather triathlon? Maggs, TriAngel, Bueller? Have any of you worn just a bathing suit for the race? Do you have a pair of shorts w/this type of waistband? And what about your top? I wanted to get the tri top Athleta had, but it's not even on their site to buy at the moment ) 

Okay, back to me and my uber important decision...Suggestions, suggestions? I probably gotta order/buy it by tomorrow!

Comments

Wendy said…
I think those look like they will be great!
ShutUpandRun said…
Glad you asked this. I have no clue what to wear for my tri in June. If you wear a suit, do you just put bike shorts over it? What's the deal. Someone, please!
Maggs said…
I love those shorts, but the scoop up a lot of water during the swim. I'll be wearing a speed suit over them during the swim. I wish I could race in a swimsuit, but my chest size does not allow that. And I like 2 pieces incase I have any stomach issues. I'll wear the micro shorts and the corset top and maybe the tri jersey over it. Allows me to stiff a gel in my back pocket for the run. And the material is cooling.
Rad Runner said…
Those shorts look way great on you! I would stick with those, and if you already know they look and feel great, stick with! For a top? I have never done a tri but I do like the newer Nike women's tops that road runner has the built in bra is real supportive, there is no movement of anything and they come in awesome colors! Where are those shorts from? can I try em for running only? No riding?
Good Luck!
Melissa said…
I think that both outfits look great, but honestly, I know NOTHING about tri wear.

My Athleta stuff came in at my dad's BTW. I can't wait to see it. Sadly, the jacket was out of stock like the shorts and shirts in the color I really wanted. :) I hope they get better at stocking the fun stuff in my size!
misszippy said…
I'm old school and still wear a one-piece suit to race. I find it really comfortable, actually, especially when it comes to the run and especially if it's hot (like it might be in Hawaii!).
Unknown said…
Can't comment on the chafing but I certainly can't see a muffin top!

I've no idea what clothes are good for a tri though, I think you look good in both outfits but I say change the top if it makes you feel uncomfortable, I have one like that it's my favourite most comfortable running top but it's just a few cms too short so I can only bring myself to wear it under a jumper!
teacherwoman said…
I love my triathlon unitard! LOL. It was so comfy and I didn't have to worry about my tops riding up or whatnot! But, you gotta do what you gotta do... find what's comfy for you! Love those tri shorts, but I think they would accentuate my heavy thighs if I wore them. lol. :)
Born To Endure said…
The tongue yah definitely wear the tongue..hee hee
RunToTheFinish said…
umm I've got no kids and wish my body was as great as yours!! I love the shorts, but they always scare me that they might creep up just a tad much and bunch.
Julie said…
Oh boy, what to wear? Lets face it...it needs to make you look like a smoking tri mamma:) That will not be hard! You were brave enough to post a picture of yourself wearing a swim suit...you looked fabulous:) Just keep looking and that perfect tri-outfit will come to you!! Anne Marie, I hope that you have an excellent week:)
Teamarcia said…
I am no authority on tri wear so sorry no help. I do love the tongue though. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has pics like that!
Aimee said…
O-kay, I have the DeSoto tri shorts and I absolutely love them. They are really comfortable and you can definitely control the "muffin" top look (which by the way you don't have!). I have a Zoot tri top that's just o-kay . It fits true to size, but is a tad short. I don't have any chaffing issues with the shorts or the top. I'd actually really like to get the DeSoto Carrera top, but I'm waiting to get it on sale.
Sarah said…
Being comfortable is always the most important thing for me, and since I am larger, my options are limited :(

Thanks for the comment!
JC said…
swim suit is good to wear and if you have problems with bum issues on the bike just through your cycling shorts on for the ride. You feel like a kid running around in your swim suit - FUN!

Popular Posts