What A Risk Means to Me

Often, I set a Personal Growth weekly goal to take one risk a day: doesn't matter how big or small, just take the lil' risk. And I had it again as my goal this week, so I wanted to share what that looks like in my daily life.

Monday: I complimented an older gal on her flexibility at the gym. I normally wouldn't have said anything, worried I'd be too in her space, but in my head I thought 'no anne marie, just tell her she's got amazing flexibilty'. So I did, and she didn't look at me like I'm a weirdo, but was VERY thankful of the compliment.
Tuesday: I can't remember right now...but i'm pretty sure I did a lil' one

Wednesday: I started the application process to write for the Examiner in San Fran. Who knows if it'll happen, but I love writing about mom/fitness, and health, and figured what the heck, the worst that can happen is they say no...
Thursday: I went to my kid's school social coffee hour. Doesn't sound like a risk, but I had no idea who was going to show up, and I had a lot to do (workouts, get ready for work), so didn't want to waste time. I know, sounds sorta bad. But I finally figured, y'know what? If I was hosting the coffee, I'd want people to come. So I mustered up the energy and went, and I'm glad I did. AND I did get my other stuff done and still had energy for wor

Sat: No risk taking today. It was all about regrouping from the week, tag teaming workouts with the DH and hanging with the kids.
and for Sunday...we'll see. It hasn't happened yet, but I think something will happen

That's my life at the moment when I write 'Take a Risk'. Now, I'd LOVE to know what risks you took this week. Tell me!;-)

Comments

SurferWife said…
Hmmm. Hm, hm,hmmm. Well, let's see. I wrote a bold blog posting about my cousin. That was a risk. What else? Certainly, going to my spin class is a risk for fear of cardiac arrest. God, I love that class.

I like your risks. Very cool.
Unknown said…
Thanks for the comment on my blog, it meant a lot :-)

I love the idea of taking a small risk each day, I'll see what I can come up with this week!
Megan said…
This going to sound lame but the risk I took this wk was I took my two wild maniacs to a busy playground. I know lots of people do this all the time. But I'm very cautious about their safety. I like to keep my eyes on both of them. But they are two yrs apart and two levels of ability. MM plays on the baby equip & Li plays on the big girl. I'm sure I looked silly with my head on a swivel. But they had fun.
Tracey Kite said…
This week the risk I took was standing up to my daughter’s teacher and the owner of the daycare for something I did not agree with. I usually don’t like to cause a lot of fuss overstuff and I don’t like confrontations but felt it was needed in this case so I mustered up the courage and did it. Feels good to step outside your box sometimes for something you believe. I need to do this more often.
AM! said…
@Tracey, That was a great risk. and I've found taking risks in actual person vs an email are WAY, WAY harder, so nice job mustering the energy for that one;-)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for stopping by AND following me AND saying hello ;)
Risk taking is such a cool thing, huh? I like that you're keeping track of yours!!
Melissa said…
I love your risk taking. That is one thing that I could really do better about. Thanks for visiting my blog!!
Anne said…
Great post Anne Marie...thanks :)
I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't let obstacles get in the way...and I believe I do take those little, and sometimes big risks.
Teamarcia said…
Sounds like an awesome week! I love how you take risks--very inspiring!
Beth said…
What a great week! A great idea and it went so well. I'll think about taking more risks, too!
Alicia said…
Love that your risks are small but calculated. Each small risk makes the next risk you take that much easier. Thanks for sharing!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
First of all, that is a great picture of you...you look fantastic!!

Great post about taking risks and great ideas to share!! Good luck with the writing gig...that would be awesome for you:) I will keep my fingers crossed for you and send you positive vibes:) Have a great week!!
I chuckled at Tuesday.

Its always goos to takes risk, makes us stronger individuals.

Popular Posts