Party Party or 5k Race?

This Saturday is a big auction benefitting the local Boys n Girls club here in Sonoma. My DH's company is a sponsor, and I have a few good friends going. So I'm sure it'll be a rockin' time.


But... I'm also scheduled to run another training 5k race Sunday morning. So do I go ahead and party/dance the night away Saturday, and still attempt to rally Sunday for the 5k? If it were a year ago, that's exactly what I'd do. And I'd probably be fine.  But this morning, if I'm honest with myself, I'd rather give myself the due rest and sleep Saturday, and wake up ready to roll Sunday morning.


Am I a buzz kill? Sorta. But there's another, almost bigger carrot keeping me home Saturday night: The freakin' Olympics! Heck yah I wanna get pumped up and watch some stellar athletes kick booty in whatever sport, any sport for all I'm concerned, b/c just watching them put themselves out there and have that level of commitment is awe inspiring.


So it's lookin' like I'll be having my own version of a party Saturday nite. One filled with popcorn and tear jerking vignettes of athletes who've come so far. And that's a-okay by me because that's where I am in life at the moment. 


Now, if it were an Oscar party, filled with dressing up in cheesy sequin gowns and teasing my hair.... that might be a different story!;-)

Comments

Unknown said…
Cute comment about not wanting to wear a cheesy dress and tease your hair! I vote for the Olympics, they are so inspiring! I hope you have a GREAT race or two!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Oh my God, you live in Sonoma!!! Are you going to run in the Napa to Sonoma Valley Half Marathon? I registered the first day that it opened! It would be very cool if you were running it...let me know!

I also get hooked on the Olympics:) They are great to watch and it is easy to get addicted!!
JC said…
OLYMPICS all the way! PLUS - it will give you a mental boost for the 5k in the morning.
Have fun watching and racing this weekend!
misszippy said…
I'd probably do the same. You'll enjoy the Olympics and then have a great race. Have some wine Sun. night to make up for it!
I am hooked too, dvr is gonna be filled and trainer rides will be easier

Popular Posts