GFTW Week 7: I think I *heart* 5k's!

Did I just type that?? Okay, maybe it's the Valentine love I'm feeling, but only 3 weeks ago I was sorta dreading the 5k experience. Somehow though this morning, as my DH and I drove to San Francisco for the BallPark 5k, I felt excited. Okay, it's 3.1 miles, so it's no 10k or triathlon...I just had to get comfortable feeling pain for ~1 mile. Also, I had my previous 5k under my belt so I was good to go.
I also borrowed a 405 Garmin to monitor my pace, but wouldn't ya know...it reset itself literally ~5 sec's b4 the race...so it was of NO USE! ugh! I think that was a good thing because I just listened to my body and went for it (blogger Jill, you'd be proud;-).  I know I went out faster than prescribed, but I raced a new 5k PR, so I'll take it! And DH had a PR too, a perfect Valentine's gift to each other eh? Look how cute he is! ;-):
And now, w/out further adieu here are my Goals for the Week:
Athlete: Fill in my feedback form daily for my trainer. It's a cumbersome template (for me!) to use, so I've had resistance doing it daily, but I'm only cutting myself short by not completing it.
Home: Run Potter (our dog) at least 3x's this week
Mom: Clean out their closets. I don't need to do an overhaul, just get rid of the old, and figure out what they need for the new.
Personal Growth: Take a risk every day. I just absolutely LOVE having this. It's what makes me make that extra email, phone call, comment, or request out there in life on a daily basis.  Big or small, I just dig it.


As always, I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read each morning as I'm planning the day. 
Okay, can't wait now to read/hear about all your races this weekend! There was a lot!! woo-hoo! 

Comments

EricaH said…
Writing your goals on a bookmark to keep with you throughout the day is a really good idea, might steal it. :) Great job on your PR. :)
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Congrats on a new 5k PR!! Way to rock it:) Cute picture!

Do you think it would be better for me to stay in Napa or Sonoma the night before the half marathon. I have not booked a hotel yet but we want one that is close to the start. Any suggestions? I will e-mail you when I get to work on Tuesday...our e-mail here has a mind of its own:)
Becca said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think you should totally host a virtual run! It is really fun. You can make it a 5k! :)
teacherwoman said…
Sounds like a great Valentine's Day! Great job on your PR's!

And the goals sound wonderful! Have an awesome week, girl!
misszippy said…
Great way to spend Valentine's Day together! And excellent goals for the week.
Aimee said…
Congrats on your 5K! It looked like you had a lot of fun!

I love your goals for the week idea! Oh, and I totally have to go through my sons' closets too...ha ha!
Teamarcia said…
Congrats on the new PR! I heart 5ks too! I love your goals on the bookmark idea, especially love your personal growth goal!
Anne said…
Yay! Congrats on your new PR...and you guys look adorable.

BTW I tagged you for an award on my blog, go check it out :)
Unknown said…
Congrats on your PR :-) that's such a cool way to spend valentines day!

That's a really good pull-up increase in a few months, it took me aaages to even do one!
The Merry said…
Wow! I'm impressed with your enthusiasm. Sounds like you had a great time :)
Marny said…
Congrats on the PR!
Unknown said…
Cute pictures! Congrats on your PR and run. I am NOT a fan of the 5k but I keep doing them just to meet my time goal. The best one I did was in Nov. without my Garmin! I keep loving your weekly goals, especially the personal growth area. If you don't meet your goals what do you do? Feel guilty? That's what I need to know:) !
AM! said…
Thanks SO much for all the comments. I really love reading them all! few things:
@Erica- steal away! that's the intent of this blog;-)
@Julie-let's hopefully email each other sometime this week
@Meg and all who like the weekly goals idea..so glad to hear it. and Meg, that's a great qt, do i feel guilty if I don't succeed?- most of the time no, and I think I'l write a post about the process;-)
On The Road... said…
Congrats on the 5K! I know the feeling, I've been talking about my 5K like it's a marathon!!! But, to me it is!
VEry cool congrats! Love the pictures too much..

This makes me want to sign up for a 5K....alas 5K's dont fit into Marathon prep...will have to wait I guess.
Congrats on setting a new PR!

I have a goal to run my first 5K this year. I better get crackin'!
Alicia said…
5Ks are SO fun! Just a quick burst for 3 miles and you're done! Such a fun way to spend time together, too. Cute pic!

Popular Posts