GFTW 9: March is Gonna be Divine!

 
I know it's still technically February, but March is virtually here! With it comes a new month, Hawaii trip in 23 days, a new calendar, A family trip to Hawaii,  Daylight Savings (yes!), Hawaii in three weeks, the beginning of the end of Winter, sunnier days, Hawaii in 23 days, a vacation to Hawaii, oh! and my first Olympic Distance Tri of the season in HAWAII. I think I'm just a wee bit excited for Hawaii March to come ;-)

But it's not quite here yet. I'm still needing long sleeve get ups for my outdoor runs (but I'm not throwin' me no pity party! I know all you mid/east coasters are c-o-l-d!). Here's a shot of me in my fav running top, w/my posse this morning for a 10k race we did to support the DH and his *race*. I haven't ran with my lil' ones for a while now, and it brought me back to when they were just lil' babes. awww..so sweet;-). Well they're still sweet, just a butt load bit heavier now, and schleppin' em' uphill was harder than I realized!

And speakin' of realizations, here are my Goals for the Week!:
Mom: plan a playdate for my lil' girl. Most of my closer friends all have lil' boys, and I realized I haven't made much effort for Annabel to get some girltime. And she's now asking me to play with certain friends from school, so I wanna make it happen.

Athlete: I'm back from sickhood and ready to rumble. Hit my workouts this week (btw, hunkering down and not working out for 2 days worked!)

Health: Instead of my sugar coffee, just stick with coffee and milk. For dessert, have one jello pudding sans the ice cream (this is where I'm hoping to shave a few 100 calories each day leading up to the tri)

Wife: Make a date nite. Sickness threw that plan out the window last week, so I'm makin' it happen this week.

Grandaughter: Make a card/call her this week. (she's in a nursing home back East and I really try and send her some of my kids art each week. 

As always, I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read it each morning as I plan my day. I'd love, love, love to hear how you're going about planning your week. And woo-hoo! Here's to March baby!

Comments

Aimee said…
A trip to Hawaii sounds so amazing!!! You must be so excited! My husband and I went to Kauai for our honeymoon and I think we might go back next year with the boys! :)

Love the pic of you and your boys in the stroller. That's awesome that you ran a 10K with them...wow!

Great goals for the week! Let's see, some of mine are to get to the pool 3 times instead of 2, get my long 9miler run done, take my boys to the park(it's supposed to be 59 degrees this week...yay!),and I'd also like to plan a date night. It's been too long!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
I love that picture of you and your gorgeous children:)

I want to go to Hawaii and will have to wait a year or two. I know that you will have so much fun with your family:) Make sure to take lots of pictures to post in your blog. It will make us feel better knowing that someone is enjoying warm weather and sunshine:)

Awesome job on your run with the twins:) You are going to get so strong by running with the stroller!! Have a great week Anne Marie:)
march will be divine... oh please come faster! hawaii eh??? awesome and good luck with your final weeks of race prep!
Unknown said…
So, I guess you kind of want to go to Hawaii, maybe? Your message is subtle but I'm not a dummy, I can read between the lines. HOW FUN! I'm excited for you...warm weather!
Okay, I'm tackling "specific" eating goals for the week, starting with tomorrow. I'm trying to be very specific, as you directed. Wish me well, I tend to be kind of a random eater once I get really hungry!
Have a nice week! Thanks for everything :) .
Maggs said…
Yay for Hawaii! March is my favorite month :-)
Alicia said…
Great goals! So excited for you to go to Hawaii! I've never been so I"m totally jealous! Good luck on meeting all your goals this week.
Unknown said…
Hawaii is so awesome! I miss it :) My kiddos are so big now that I will probably have to walk uphills with one of them in the stroller. I only have a single jogger! YOu are one tough mama to push them and I looooove your shirt!
Unknown said…
I'd be totally excited about Hawaii too, can't wait to hear about it on your blog!

I posted a bit about the magic 50 on my blog, in case anyone else was wondering too, feel free to ask more though if I haven't cleared it up :)

I've been meaning to sort out a date night with Mike but we never seem to have the money at the moment, I need a good job!
misszippy said…
I'm with you...spring has got to be here soon. So very jealous on your upcoming trip! All those runs in shorts...
Melissa said…
Hawii sounds AWESOME!! I love your bookmark idea.
Jill said…
You don't wanna go to Hawaii too much, do you?? Geez, I guess someone's gotta do it so try not to be too sour about it :). I'm going to attempt to follow my eating plan to the T this week, which I know will fail, but it will be better than an epic fail! Love the pic of you and the kiddos in their double stroller....I remember those days very well. We'd get about 4 miles away from the house and Ryan would start whailing at the top of his lungs; a great sprint workout for me....maybe that's what my problem is with speed these days, I no longer have the double stroller sprint! Have a great week!!
Haddock said…
Make a card/call her this week..........
The most important thing I suppose.
Megan said…
The big man & i were talking about our dinner/date plans for our birthdays. I realized we wouldn't be able to do it all of March. How sad. But we have a lot of family stuff to do this month.
Sherri said…
I absolutely love that you are goal oriented!
The picture of you 4 yr olds in the stroller is priceless...and totally funny!
By the way that is the cutest running shirt I have ever seen...and your are STUNNING!

Date nights ROCK!

Popular Posts