While I'm at It...Update!




A few weeks ago I wrote a post sharing I'd maybe, just maybe, be considered for a 'Success Story' for Oxygen magazine (I took a risk and sent them some pics of me from on a Thailand trip 5 yrs ago, which prompted me to write my own Success Story).

Well my update is...I never heard back from them for that story...

But I DID hear back about a different story I'd sent about this here blog. I told them how I *heart* creating weekly goals for the different roles I am in life, and how it keeps me in check as an athlete, and yada yada (you know the spiel if you read this blog).
Well, the copy editor found the intent of this blog to be of much interest, and thought readers would benefit from this too (all right!). So she asked me if I was okay to possibly use my blog/example for a future story (uh...yeah!). So I sent in a few more pics (including the one above) along with release form, and waited for a reply.


But I didn't hear back. So I waited a bit longer. And still no reply. 


So this week I decided to just hold my breath, take (another) risk (that's what it's about right?), and reach out to her. So I did. And I didn't immediately hear back, but a few days later the copy editor responded.  And it sounds like it's still happening. I still don't know if it's a 100% go, but it's on the right path (woo-hoo!).


I'm sharing this with you because I'm learning so much from just continuing to push myself, take risks, and be okay with the results. And this applies to ALL roles in our life. So sometime this week, take a breath and take a risk. You just don't know what'll come of it...
  

Comments

teacherwoman said…
How exciting! way to take a risk! We all need to be reminded to do so!
Born To Endure said…
Just like your shirt says.."dare to dream" looks like you are..:-)
JC said…
That sounds fantastic! LOVE the pic! Keep us posted.
Tracey Kite said…
That is great, and I love the idea of making weekly goals. I need to do that more and I need to take more risks, you are inspiring me! Oh and I agree with the pp I LOVE the pic.
sarah said…
Stud. I am saving your autograph in a laminated place, just in case.
Maggs said…
Awesome. And I love that photo.
Unknown said…
WOW! I loved the message in your post...take risks! We never know how great it could be and how much we can accomplish if we never put it out there and make it happen. You are one amazing person and an awesome jumper, that pix is so cool. Were you a cheerleader?
AM! said…
Hey gals!
Thanks so much for all your comments/support! It means a lot. And the funny thing is, i felt a lil' unsure if I should even bring it up again, but thought what the heck- just do it.

And no Meg, I was never a cheerleader, just played one on Halloween;-)

And I will def keep y'all posted...!
On The Road... said…
Really cool pic! That's cool that the copy editor is interested!

Popular Posts