Week Three: Helping Haiti

As a mom, daughter, sister, and wife, I feel compelled to write a quick post on ways to help the crisis in Haiti. There is plenty of info out there on how to donate, along with plenty of warnings to steer clear of third party and social network recommendations (uh, like this blog!).
But I still want to highlight some organizations backed by my current TIME magazine, that are set up to directly help: American Red Cross, AMeriCares Foundation, CARE, Doctors Without Borders, UNICEF.   I also read the info from the TWFD post, and wanted to pass it along as well. I donated last nite and it took less than a few minutes.


And now without further adieu, my Goals for the Week:
Ahtlete: Become comfortable doing my new weight program. It's a lot of plyo-metric type of weights, and I need to learn correct form. So keep a copy of my new weights in my gym bag.
Grandaughter: Write or call my grandmother  this week. She's been in a nursing home in NY for the past ~4 yrs, and I need to keep up my end of reaching out.
Finance: This role is my achilles heel! Ay, ay, ay. This week I'll commit at least 15 minutes each day to work on Quickbooks. I can do it, I can do it. 
Home: Be in charge of cooking more dinners this week. DH has been doing the dinners lately, and I want to help out. 


As always, I write these goals on a book mark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as a I plan my day. Would love to hear how you're going about your week and any tips on how to embrace the whole finance thing!:-)

Comments

Maggs said…
Awesome reminder to donate. Doctors Without Borders is one of my favorite charities. I only wish I could do more.

Popular Posts