Weekly Menu=More Money!





I've learned that setting aside ~10 minutes to put together a dinner plan for the week has been KEY for me these past few years. I don't know if it was the former elementary school teacher in me needing to plan something since I didn't need to lesson plan anymore, but I'm hooked!


I've written about my meal planning approach before and wanted to give a shout out to the process again. One of my favorite sites, This Week for Dinner, gives some great reasons why to menu plan in one of her recent posts.  I've also discovered this:


* The ~10 minutes spent planning will be returned tenfold in time and MONEY saved from fewer grocery trips and wondering what you'll have for dinner each night.


*Your whole family will benefit knowing what's for dinner each night. You can even have your kids help out by choosing a few of the dinners each week.


* Anyone can do it! You don't need to consider yourself organized or be some gourmet cook! Trust ME on the gourmet cook part. Just look at my dinner examples above. 


All you need is a piece of paper, a pen and a lil' purpose. And voila! There you have a plan.
Which leads me to my Uber fancy menu this week. Ha! Ready?


Monday: Squash soup/bread
Tuesday: Shrimp Salad/bread
Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas/salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Safeway pizza for kids- I'm in LA!;)
Saturday: Dinner w/Daddy (I'm in LA)
Sunday:?? not super sure yet...


That's it. I felt the need to share and would LOVE to hear your menu ideas and experience w/juggling dinners. Cheers!

Comments

Born To Endure said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Very cool blog also, the dinner planning is an awesome idea..:)

Not sure how this thing works for posting a comment from my yahoo account, it first picked up my old blog..sorry..:-(

http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com

Popular Posts