I Wanna Smile More like Chrissie Wellington


Confession Time:  I am NOT known as the runner you see giving high fives to my kids, and kisses to my DH as I'm schlepping gunnin' through a race (unlike some people). Uh, no, on the contrary. Instead, I'm usually the one with tunnel vision, and a perma-grimace on my face, panting towards the finish. But I'm working on it. And I've definitely improved from a few years ago (it's all about baby steps right?). I mean, I've got my title picture above to prove it! 


So... one of my Athlete goals this year is to just smile more like Chrissie. I mean heck, if this 3x IRONMAN champ can run a sub 7 min mile marathon, after riding a blazing fast 112 mile bike ride, and a 2.4 mile ocean swim, all with an infectious smile, then surely I can at least attempt a few smiles during my (much shorter) runs! 


And I just saw pictures of her on slowtwitch, with the same fantastic smile, but recovering from a bike crash she suffered a few weeks ago. Dang:



So actually, I not only want to smile more like her while racing, but frankly in all areas of my life. Because really, isn't that what it's all about? ;-)

Comments

First - I have seen AM smile more...and I think it makes her faster :)
Second - a couple of my "stops" have cost me a position AND a podium spot in past.
Third - but who cares, I'm not that good anyways....so my goal is improvement at each race....
LAST! wholly, moley - such a goal! I mean Chrissie??? The new WORLD RECORD holder at KONA!!! I mean, she is always smiling during the race - and it looks good!

You can do it. I've seen your smile. I've seen you race. And I always smile when I see you.
Anonymous said…
Thats a good goal...smile more..:-)

Popular Posts