GFTWeek 4: 5k's Galore!



No, this isn't a scene from a low budget Alien movie...it's the sunrise driving over the Golden Gate bridge, on my way to the 5k this morning. It was spectacular... almost Hawaii style sweet, and although it's hard to capture it in a moving car with an iphone, I wanted to share what a great way it was to settle into the day. 
And it relaxed my nerves and the whole idea of running hard for 3.1 miles! I really did take a few breaths and appreciate the moment.
And for the race...I did it. sweet. And I did better than my predicted times. Double sweet! And both my running buddy and I placed in our age group. Triple sweet! Here's a pic of us both gloating below (okay, I'm hamming it up, she's looking cute...):


So, bring on the early morning 5k runs! (did I just type that?). I'm doing another in a few weeks, and I'm really excited to see if there's improvement. But that means I need to hit my speed workouts. Which leads me to My Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Work out one morning this week early- like 5:30am. I can do it, I can do it
Friend: Visit the Korean Spa with my LA BF this weekend. I'm in need of that therapy!
Finance: Commit to doing Quickbooks at least 1 day for 1 hr. (I didn't hit this goal last week, so i'm modifying it...)
Health: Pay special attention to my carb intake, by writing it down each day.
Mom: Off the computer from 7-9am, and from dinnertime til' the kids go down for bed. Use the time/energy for the kids, home, and all the other lil' things that could use my attention!

As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer, and attempt to review it each morning as I'm drinking my coffee and planning the day. And, I'd LOVE to hear how you go about planning your week..;-)

Comments

Jenny Hinman said…
I love it..What a great day to be running. Can't wait for the next 5k. I am hooked!!!
Anonymous said…
so, I'm in for the next 5k too.....

but, quick thought; some of the goals some more like luxuries rather than goals, no?
AM! said…
@Anonymous: I totally agree! I almost wrote that the Korean Spa 'goal' is more a treat than goal;-)

Popular Posts