5 Easy, Breezy, Snack Ideas!


This morning as I was packing kid lunches and throwing my own snacks together, I thought I'd share five staple snacks I rely on pretty much every day.  I am a big believer in eating every ~2-3 hours, so snacks are a staple for me. And I'd feel this way whether I was training for an Ironman (I'm not!), or exercising for 30 min a few times a week.  I'm also a big Trader Joe's gal, so all of these (except the Nugo bars) came from there.  I learned these combo's from my nutritionist friend a few years ago and they have made a huge difference in my energy, weight loss, and maintenance. Plus,they're easy, breezy, to make and pack in your bag for the day- which is key! Each snack is ~200 calories.


1. 1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese with 1/4 Cup Frozen Berries
Great source of protein from the cottage cheese, and relying on frozen berries vs. fresh berries is just easier for me. I do use fresh berries at times, but frozen berries are cheaper and easier;-)


2. 1/2 Cup Non Fat Vanilla Yogurt with 1/4 Cup Frozen Berries
Sometimes I feel like cottage cheese, sometimes yogurt, and both provide a protein punch.


3. Lite String Cheese with ~10 Honey Stick Pretzels
This is my #1 afternoon snack as it's easy to throw in my bag. The protein from the cheese with the carbs from the pretzels are a perfect combo


4. Apple with 1TBSP of Almond or Peanut Butter
An apple alone just doesn't cut it. I guarantee you'll be in hungry in less than an hour if you just eat an apple. Pairing it with the Peanut Butter allows your body to digest it slower, gives you the needed protein and feel satisfied longer


5. NUGO Bars
This is my #1 snack- well, because it's so easy, and I feel like I'm having a candy bar! It's a good source of protein and carbs with only 3-4 g fat. I get them in bulk from Costco and my kids love em' too.


So there you have it. These work for me and I'm always looking for more ideas.  What are some of your snacks you rely on daily? Would love to know!

Comments

Thanks for the snack tips!
Nugo bars? Never heard of them but will have to try! I'll take your word for it :)
Tracey Kite said…
I am always looking for great snack ideas. Like you I eat every couple of hours. Thanks for the ideas and tips!
Maggs said…
I'm going to have to look for Nugo bars. Sound good.
AM! said…
OMG Ladies! Ya gotta try the NUGO bars, I think you won't be disappointed.
And, they have great new flavors like dark mocha chocolate (yum!!). I just had two today (I try to limit myself to 1, but the day went crazy and it lent itself to eating ez-r snacks like nugo bars;)

Popular Posts