A Carrot is Not a Carrot, is Not a Carrot, is Not a Carrot


Inside our fridge we have the super size 5 lb bag of peeled baby carrots we bought at Costco last week. They do the job for a quick snack, plus the kids will eat them, and they're healthy right?
Well, today on our drive home from gymnastics, the kids and I made a quick pit stop to a small local sustainable farm/store.  I couldn't believe this quaint farm & store existed only ~10 minutes from my house. I also felt like I arrived on the set of a Dawson's Creek Goes Green episode with all the cute workers and their earthy yet edgy intern-y vibe.
But I digress.  The best part about this place was their carrots! They were real, still dirty from the ground carrots, cute carrots, and for sale at $1 pound! Now that's a bargain!
 I didn't know what the kids would think as these looked a bit different from the carrots of Costco. But they were intrigued and they loved eating them- dirt and all. jackpot! 
So we proceeded to buy a super size bag of these bad boys, and giddily chewed them all the way home (and with out dropping any on the newly cleaned car-HA!).

Now I'm just wondering what to do with the dang Costco carrots...Do raccoons like em? Maybe I can do an experiment. Hmmm....

Comments

Maggs said…
Dogs. My dogs love carrots. Costco or other.
AM! said…
Hey MM! Great Idea! I actually didn't know dogs could eat carrots. nice. And i have a 150lb newfie to give em' to...;-)

Popular Posts