Week Fifty: Lets Be a Lil' Thrifty!




I feel like these boughs of our tree mirror my physical and mental state of mind at the moment! Each ornament is fine when spaced out evenly, but clumped all together and it just gets too busy and overkill. For me, since Thanksgiving, I've overindulged a bit here and there with a lil' more rich food and a lil' more vino and dessert. Combine this with a lil' less exercise and sleep and it can all add up to be a doozy!
So here's to being a lil' more evenly spaced out, thrifty, and SIMPLE with my choices and actions these next few weeks, so I can ultimately be more present (no pun intended!) to it all.  
My Goals for the Week:
Health: Allow myself either a lil extra xmas dessert, wine, coffee or rich food. Just not all 4 in the same day, everyday! Each morning map out which 1 or 2 lil' indulges I want to have and plan accordingly.
Mom: I just realized this is the week I need to get the kids/family/friends gifts figured out and done. Woah! Talk about needing your wits about you to accomplish this. I realize I pretty much have to take it on like a triathlon. I have my list and am attacking it on Monday and a lil' internet each night.
Personal Growth: I want to remain mindful that I want to celebrate family, love, and health this season. Each morning I'll meditate for 1 minute on what my day will look like to remain mindful of these intentions
Wife: Make my husband feel like a million bucks. It's his birthday this week and he deserves to feel extra special.  
I'm not attempting to create new goals in Athlete, Finance, Friend, Home, etc, as there's already a lot to manage. My best bet is to keep it simple and thrifty baby! And as always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I plan my day. Would love to hear how you're going about this time of year. Here's to enjoying it all evenly spaced out and with great intentions:)

Comments

this applies to many things - KISS!

I try to remind myself this too! Many times, it returns the biggest value!

Good call!

Popular Posts