Week 51: You Deserve a Trail Run!










Duh. I'm now remembering how exhausting the entire holiday season can be! It's like I get amnesia and forget each year or something. Don't get me wrong, I *heart* the holidays for sure, but it's now the week of Christmas and until this morning, I was feeling TAPPED out. Physically, I'm barely maintaining basic fitness, and Emotionally I'm stretched from moments of joy and happiness, to feelings of anxiety and guilt. 
So luckily, this past weekend was all about laying low, taking care of myself, and gearing up for the week. I love this blog because it also gives me time to reflect on my weekly actions, and if they're lined up with the big life goals. So during a long car ride today, I decided in the spirit of Christmas, I'd create my goals as  'Gifts for the Week' to me. 
  
So without further adieu, here are my Gifts for the Week:
Athlete: Do anything I want for exercise this week. I don't need to follow my training program (shh....don't tell my trainer!), Just have fun. Go for an awesome trail run (hence the above picture...it's the trail I love), strength train leisurely, try a new class at the gym. Enjoy!
Mom: Just be with my kids. Everything else is not as important. I'll get to reading emails, finishing work, wrapping those gifts, sorting the mail, etc, later, this week is magic for them and I want to experience it. 
Health:  My gift is  a full nights sleep each night and to wake up well rested. I can do it, I can do it;)
Personal Growth: Check in on how I'm feeling each day. The holidays with all its emotion can throw you for a loop. So I'll do a feelings check in and share it with the DH each day to remain in cahoots.


As always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I plan my day. Here's to giving gifts to the Self and sitting by the cozy (virtual) fire this week. You deserve it.  

Comments

Popular Posts