These are the Goals I've Built for 2010!

This is my Target special sparkle self titled 'life goals' notebook,



That fuels my smaller notepad of Goals for the Year,



That inspire ideas for my Weekly Goals bookmark,

That I keep in my organizer and (attempt to) review each morning as I start my day.


It's sort of like a version of 'This is the House That Jack Built' eh?

How I do it:

I start by thinking 3 years from now, and brainstorm away in my sparkle notebook all I'd like to be doing in all the roles of my life.
In my smaller Yearly Goals notebook, I write my different roles of my life, then brainstorm ideas I'd like to do for 2010. Then I asterisk a few & reflect on these ideas every few months.
I use my organizer bookmark to write my specific weekly goals that come from the bigger ideas.

Swhew! 
And I just have to say, these pics make it look way more agro than it is in 'real' life... It's 2 Target notebooks! Turst me, I'm still struggling every morning just to get the coffee made and kids fed!

But I wanted to share my process.  How do you go about building your goals? Would LOVE to know;) 

Comments

Maggs said…
I like the process you have. I need to figure mine out in the next few days. Happy New Year!
AM! said…
Thanks MM, I just want to convey that it can look a bit agro, but the brainstorming can go a long way:)
hey all...I know it sounds daunting, for just getting the coffee made in the morning is a chore...

but really, this is simple - the $2.99 notebook from TARGET is a super-value....brainstorm and let your mind wander as you dream of a new year...

then break it down to some realistic (yet still a couple dreamer) goals....

then schedule it out - it's fun and easy. you really can do this; just start small....you can always re-evaluate throughout the year. And it sure is fun when you look back at your accomplishments...

trust me, she taught me.
MB said…
I'm inspired and have a lovely notebook (from Target) and pen in hand to get started right now! I think it is especially important as I come out of the "fog" of parenting infants/toddlers (when it all feels like moment to moment survival!)and find that, despite all I gained, I lost a bit of me in the process. So I will dust my inner self off in 2010, and get back on the evolving process. Cheers!
sarah said…
Jesus Christ. My goal for 2010 is to not feel intimidated by your goals. ;-). you GO sister!
Unknown said…
Hey, linked to this post on my blog. Check it out!

http://authenticliving.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-race-and-3-year-brainstorming.html

Popular Posts