Week 46: Embracing Failures Baby




This past week I've had sort of an epiphany. I'm realizing I need to become more comfortable with failure. Flat out failures. Because in order to really think big for my life goals (the ones that fuel my soul and ignite my light), I need to be way more comfortable with taking more risks, and having more failures on a daily and weekly basis. It's like I need to reach for the failures as much as the stars. Right now I just reach for them sparingly, but I'm ready for a new paradigm in thinking. I'm ready to embrace failure like above...all with open arms and three year old baby steps.


Which leads me to my Goals for the Week:
Personal Growth: Take a risk every day and have at least one of them make me feel very nervous and way outside my comfort zone. Then embrace the failure.
Home: Take care of my dog. Get him to the vet and cleaned already!
Athlete: Hit all my swims this week
Health: Have 1 less cup of coffee w/cocoa and replace w/a tea, 1 less serving of ice cream, and savor my first bowl, and have a cottage cheese w/berries snack instead of a second NuGo Bar
Family: Figure out and finalize our holiday card


As always I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read it each morning as I plan my day. Also, I'd love, love to hear a comment from all you who stop by this blog. Just say hi, or you suck, or whatever! Just leave a comment (heck, it could even be your risk for the day...:).

Comments

Hello!

I found your blog through cafe running moms. I normally don't comment there but I like reading the posts. Everyone seems so nice, which is refreshing since park-moms can be so intimidating and judgmental at times.

Anyway, I like this recent post. It's a good point! Embrace the failure!

Thanks!

Popular Posts