Then and Now

While rummaging around for my Dia de Los Muertos pics last week, I stumbled upon pictures of me from a trip five years ago to Thailand. For people who know me, or have *seen* me here... this is not a 'bad angle' or lighting issue. This is how I looked in all the pictures. And while I don't think I look especially overweight, I clearly remember these shots being the wake up call to do something about my weight.
So I tried out Weight Watchers and running. I became an insta-fan of Weight Watchers (talk about goals, organizing, and lists. It was my mecca!) It really taught me about food journaling and portion sizes. 
And I was one of those people who *hated* running at first. really. I saw absolutely no thrill or point to it. But I begrudgingly started jogging 1 minute at a time, and within three weeks saw a difference. It made me a Believer. 
I'm sharing this because I had sorta forgotten where I started in my fitness and health path. Maybe I'm subconsciously thinking about Biggest Loser tonight. I don't know. I do know though, it's nice to have a chance to reflect, and recognize the results of goals you put out there in life. 

Comments

Funny how "easy" it really is?

Sure feels HARD at first, but once over that first wall, it feels like you can never go back.

It's one of those things; the first few steps are so challenging, but once you start "running," it feels great!

To help make it easier, I try to remember "KISS"....just don't complicate things. Any guesses?
Maureen said…
Wow, I am working my way up to your risk taking blog, starting where I left off, but it all ties in. I have to admit I feel so intimidated by all these women athletes surrounding me, and paralyzed by fear of failure in the fitness realm that I don't even try, so to read that you were not always a runner, and moreover, didn't even like it at first is amazing to me! So maybe me "secret plan" of doing little mile "run walks" with my little guy (a risk) with the goal of working up to 5 miles isn't so crazy and shameful afterall! mb
koncasimon said…
Hi dear, you are looking great and that was soo beautiful. hanks to write this post for us.

Popular Posts