From the Big BL to the Local FB



Run to Stop Hunger

So I'm a pretty big Biggest Loser sucker fan. I inevitably get teary-eyed each week, and last night was no exception. So while I was finishing up my nightly ice cream (I know, sort of an oxymoron right?), the show highlighted the positive impact it's had on America through supporting food banks. The segment showed the reality of the recession on families (cue to my eyes welling up) and how the Biggest Loser has helped food banks across the country with their Pound to Pound program. They then cut to dyno Bob saying  'For more info, go to www.biggestloser.com'. Normally, I just roll my eyes at all their obvious and contrived commercial plugs, but this time it was for a cause, so I checked it out.


And their site took me to FeedingAmerica
Which took me to the Redwood Empire Food Bank
Which listed many direct ways I could help my local county food bank.
And one way was to run this race above
Which is this weekend. Huh. Fancy that. I love the idea of running a small local race to directly support my county's food bank.


And I swear it's those lil' baby running steps that really do make the biggest difference in causing change and giving support. Whether we're talking about a food bank or life change, it all comes down to those lil' steps. 
Here's to putting one foot in front of the other. 

Comments

I'd love to go support my wife run a 10k this weekend!
Debbie said…
I LOVE the Biggest Loser! It is always so sad to see anyone go home. I was watching that segment as well and thought about how I can help. So Thank You for posting the website and encouraging us all to do a good thing and help out. Have a great race this weekend! XO
AM! said…
well, I did the run, and it was so much fun! I had a PR (those are always great) too.

Popular Posts