Booking Exercise Took a Risk



I know, I know... you may be getting tired of the whole 'risk' thing already. But I found this video on juiceboxjungle, and it brought me back to when my twins were babies. Back then I knew I needed to consistently exercise to be a sane mom. So when the hubby or family wasn't available, I took the initial risk of putting my lil' 3 month olds in my gym's babysitting service called 'jr club'. It felt weird to pass off my kids to a stranger, in a room full of other kid strangers, just so I could get on a treadmill. But I'm so glad I tried it. Having that jr club option was my saving grace back then, and still is today.
My kids are almost 4 now (did I just type that? yikes!) and have pre-school which gives me a little more time for fitness, but I definitely still rely on jr club at least 2x a week. And the best part is, they love it! 
So to all the mama's out there on the fence about using your gym's babysitting, I say take the risk and try it out. And yeah, it might not work on the first attempt.  But give it a few tries and you'll both most likely adjust fine. Or it just may not be right for you after all. But at least you'll know because you tried it out. Just take the initial risk;)

Comments

another cool factor is that our kids have seen that exercise is a fun and normal part of life - it's just something we do...like having breakfast. They just see it as part of our day....

I only wish it were that easy though!! It takes work and planning! But worth it -
I would be completely hosed if our gym didn't have a Kid's Club. There are days when I hate leaving him in there and I worry about whether he'll be emotionally damaged somehow (what Mom doesn't worry?) - but then I just think about how I feel on those days when we skip exercise. And I figure an hour or two away from Mommy is a small price for my son to pay if it means he gets "Happy-Energetic Mommy" instead of "mopey-Eeyore-Mommy."

Popular Posts